We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 17
Which resort

Only have 3 nights over an extended weekend middle of August for a family vacation. 2 teens, possibly 2 young 20 year olds and my husband and I. Years ago with our older boys we stayed at Great Wolf Lodge. We would prefer fun water stuff outside and don't need a hotel that caters to young children. Condo even better with a pool but needs to be as nice or nicer than Great Wolf Lodge. Normally we rent a house in Florida but didn't have the time this year. Any suggestions?

Iowa
reviews: 338
1. Re: Which resort

Wilderness resort has condos and great waterparks, but I don't think the rooms/condos are better/same as Great Wolf (at least, our room in the main lodge wasn't). Kalahari gets good reviews too, but I've never stayed there so can't speak from personal experience.

You could always stay in a non-waterpark resort, and then spend the day at Noah's Ark.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
2. Re: Which resort

I too would recommend a non waterpark motel/resort and then do Noah's Ark for the outdoor. Blackhawk and Indian Trail rate well. One on the water to try would be the Aloha Resort and Suites. For a bigger resort try Chula Vista, Kalahari or Wilderness.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Which resort

Depends on if your kids are into roller coasters.... if they are into coasters, Mt. Olympus would top Noah's -- even with the negative reviews.

I really think Kalahari would suit you well, and in mid-August, you can sometimes fined good deals on their websites.

chicago
reviews: 21
4. Re: Which resort

Wilderness at the lake has really nice condos, the rooms at Kalahari are also very nice

Saint Louis...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Which resort

What are thoughts on Cula Vista?

Wisconsin
reviews: 57
6. Re: Which resort

Chula Vista- I have only stayed there in winter, but the outdoor park seemed on the small-ish side. We love the Wilderness. We've stayed at the Wilderness on the Lake which has the advantage of nice condos and a nice infinity pool that looks out over the lake. However, the main waterparks are over at the main Wilderness which means a shuttle ride. Of the outdoor parks at the Wilderness, the one over by Glacier Canyon (Lost World) is my favorite. They put in two of those bottom falls out from under you type slides that were a blast. Glacier Canyon has condos, I haven't stayed there so can't comment.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
7. Re: Which resort

Chula Vista has some rooms with great views of the river -- and many with awesome views of the parking lot. I don't think most of the Chula rooms are as nice as Great Wolf.

Minnesota
reviews: 376
8. Re: Which resort

We prefer the Wilderness (Glacier Canyon) and Chula Vista Condos (Not the suites but the full fledged 2 & 3 room condos) over that of Great Wolf.

Mil,WI
reviews: 2
9. Re: Which resort

I would pick the Kalahari. We have gone twice and LOVE it!

10. Re: Which resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 24, 2014