We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant help please

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 64
Restaurant help please

We will be in Wisconsin Dells in less than 3 weeks with our grandsons, ages 16/10/10. I am looking for dining options that are something different/interesting. Not too concerned about food quality as they think that McDonalds is fine eating. But I think they would enjoy places that have an interesting atmosphere. Here are a few of the places I am thinking about - please let me know what you think:

Rail Dog

Paul Bunyan

Mr. Pancake

Buffalo Phils

Monks

Famous Daves

Where would you suggest we go for pizza? Also, we would love to attend a fish fry on Friday night and seems as if several places have them. Any suggestions on which one to go to - being on the river would be a bonus.

Thanks for your help!!

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
11. Re: Restaurant help please

I can't believe so many people recommended Pizza Pub. It is a complete dive - dingy and dirty. Unless you are interested in a trip back in time stay away.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
12. Re: Restaurant help please

Maybe you and I visited a different place. The salad bar is "out of this world", the pizza is great, the price is reasonable and the place looked fine as well. It gets good solid reviews 4/5 stars. The reviews are always a good place to start.

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 18
13. Re: Restaurant help please

I agree with hatch on this. Pizza Pub is a pleasant family restaurant with a big menu, decent pizza, and an exceptional soup and salad bar. It is kid friendly.

I've ended up in plenty of dingy, dirty dives in my lifetime. By no stretch of the imagination is Pizza Pub a dirty, dingy dive. It's a family restaurant, not some sort of bar.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
14. Re: Restaurant help please

It can be easy to get confused with names in the Dells. There's Pizza Pub, Pizza Ranch and Pizza Villa to name a few. Plus a lot of others with "Pizza" on the sign or in the name.

Pizza Pub is by far my favorite -- especially for lunch in the off-season. I love the salad bar and homemade soups -- and they will make a mashed potato and gravy pizza for me.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
15. Re: Restaurant help please

That sounds like my type of pizza Elveric!

Delavan, Wisconsin
reviews: 13
16. Re: Restaurant help please

We just took our two sons (4 & 8) to Buffalo Phil's Grille last weekend. They really liked it. Not all dining rooms serve the food by train, so there is a longer wait if you want the train to deliver the food to your table. The food was good, but expensive. They do have a 10% off coupon on their website that you can print, or bring up on your phone to show the server.

Also, for pizza, we really like Moosejaw. Buffalo Phil's serves pizza too and is owned by the same company as Moosejaw, but we have not had the pizza there. Almost every trip to the dells includes Moosejaw. Both places are great for kids. I think Moosejaw has a coupon you can print or bring up on your phone too.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
17. Re: Restaurant help please

Thanks everyone! We will arrive on Sunday August 4th. I will post a trip report when we return.

Wisconsin Dells...
18. Re: Restaurant help please

Check out MACS-Macaroni And Cheese Shop!! https:/…MacaroniAndCheeseShop

19. Re: Restaurant help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 30, 2014