We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant help please

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 64
Restaurant help please

We will be in Wisconsin Dells in less than 3 weeks with our grandsons, ages 16/10/10. I am looking for dining options that are something different/interesting. Not too concerned about food quality as they think that McDonalds is fine eating. But I think they would enjoy places that have an interesting atmosphere. Here are a few of the places I am thinking about - please let me know what you think:

Rail Dog

Paul Bunyan

Mr. Pancake

Buffalo Phils

Monks

Famous Daves

Where would you suggest we go for pizza? Also, we would love to attend a fish fry on Friday night and seems as if several places have them. Any suggestions on which one to go to - being on the river would be a bonus.

Thanks for your help!!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: Restaurant help please

www.pizzapub.com great pizza, and the best salad bar you could ever imagine. For neat and unique atmosphere you could try Ishnala, a supper club along the water. It doesn't however have a fish fry but it would be a neat/different kind of place as supper clubs are from yesteryear.

Rail Dog, Paul Bunyan's and Mr. Pancake and Famous Dave's are all great. I haven't been to Monks yet but hear a lot about it. It sounds like you have a good list.

Edited: 5:52 pm, July 10, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
2. Re: Restaurant help please

www.ishnala.com

madison, wi
reviews: 4
3. Re: Restaurant help please

Cross Paul Bunyan's off your list-went for dinner and it was really bad. Kids would like the atmosphere--I would only go for breakfast.. Any of the others on your list would be good.

Pizza Pub is great. Huge salad/pasta/pizza bar. We eat here all the time when our kids have sports tournaments in the dells and everyone loves it.

You could add Moosejaw Pizza to the list.

WI
Destination Expert
4. Re: Restaurant help please

We've never done dinner or desired to at Paul Bunyan's, definitely do breakfast or lunch. It is a neat/unique experience and atmosphere and worth it. You can find 10% off coupons for there and elsewhere often in the literature you pick up there/other places around town. Usually what I've heard with Paul Bunyan's is either people just love it or they hate it so you have to maybe go for yourself and decide or read the reviews and peruse the website first to get an idea if it's your thing or not.

We ate at Moosejaw too and liked it. I would say I liked the value better at Pizza Pub, then again the salad bar for me wins out, if that's not impt. both would be enjoyable for pizza.

Edited: 11:28 am, July 11, 2013
Wisconsin
reviews: 14
5. Re: Restaurant help please

Ravina Bay has a huge deck that looks out onto Lake Delton. You can see the backside of the Tommy Bartlet show so if that interests you call them to see if they take reservations. It used to be you could only sit there during the show if you ordered meals but may have changed. High Rock Cafe is nice and definately go to Rivers Edge Pub as they have large fish tanks with native Wis. fish and lots of stuffed wildlife and a tree growing in the bar. Go on Sun for their broasted chicken dinner.

Edited: 11:49 am, July 11, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 38
6. Re: Restaurant help please

I would say Moosejaw for pizza and definitely make a stop at Buffalo Phil's. It's connected to an arcade/game place called Knuckleheads which we have found to be a fun post-dinner stop. I would also not recommend Paul Bunyan's for dinner, but I LOVE their breakfast and highly recommend it, plus it's such a unique atmosphere. Be prepared to wait but do not be deterred by the long line; it goes quite fast.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
7. Re: Restaurant help please

Pizza Pub gets my vote for Pizza. Lunch buffet has several kinds and is a good value as it comes with the huge salad bar.

I think Paul Bunyan's is seriously over rated.

Monk's downtown for a burger, not the Wilderness location.

I like Port Vista for a fish fry. Out of town so not as crazy.

There's Taste of New Orleans -- but you might not need that one ;)

Here are the ones to avoid -- Domino's, Crabby's, Mexicali Rose, Ponderosa.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 64
8. Re: Restaurant help please

Thanks everyone for your help!! It sounds as if we have plenty of places to choose from. I will post a trip report when we get back and let you know where we went/what we did, etc.

Elveric, I will be getting my New Orleans food in October!

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
9. Re: Restaurant help please

I'm hoping for my up close and personal New Orleans in August for my birthday!

Mil,WI
reviews: 2
10. Re: Restaurant help please

Thanks for this list. I have been to Paul Bunyan and.its one of my favorite places. :)