We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 18
trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

i wanted a non water park hotel for $100 or less, i had already been to wilderness and kalahari and wanted to go to noahs arc so i didnt think i needed to pay for a water park hotel, i hadnt been to the dells in the summer since i was about 12 years old

but, i waited until the last minute and the polynesian came up for $113 a night so i figured we would try it out, we also bought the wisconsin dells passport to savings, which i think is a fantastic deal

my daughter LOVED the polynesian, she has been to many waterparks and really liked it, our room was on the third floor and overlooked the water park, two double beds, the outlets between the beds didnt work so the alarm clock and lights didnt work and i couldnt charge my phone there, our sliding glass door also didnt lock propelry, nothing serious enough to ask for a new room

my daughter wasnt 48 inches to ride the body slides but she convinced the life guards she was ready so they gave her a swim test and she "passed" so she got a wrist band that allowed her to ride

day one- enjoyed the polynesian

day two- planned to spend the entire day at noahs arc, arrived by 930, payed $5 to park, got the first spot by door, picnic area right there, it was totally dead, got on just about every ride by 11am, i have to say it was a bit of a disappointment compared to the wilderness and kalhari in the dells and raging waves and magic waters in illinois, i remembered noahs arc as a kid to be the best but it isnt anymore, the price is high and its just not fabulous : (

left after lunch and went to wizard quest, a place i had no interest in and still dont but my daughter LOVED it, then we did ripleys, she had a lot of laughs, i dont need to do it again, then off to the ducks, another fond memory as a child, nice ride but i didnt appreciate the stop in the woods with the driver asking us to buy the book and give him a tip

after that we grabbed an ice cream at dairy cream and went back to the hotel for water park fun

the next day we went to adare go carts which was super fun, first ride i drove me and my daughter, next ride she drove in the kids park, then off to the 4d movie, wizard of oz was great, yogi bear sucked just like the movie and the other 4 short movies were not great, then off to pirates cove mini golf, lets just say AMAZING, they have 5 courses, the first is perfect for a 4 year old, she hot a hole in one on the first course, then you get a free ice cream at the end, then we went t tommy bartelett, funny to watch as an adult LOL, she was not so interested in the water show but LOVED the rest, then back to the hotel for more water park fun

oh and i forgot tommy bartlett exploratory, this was definitely her favorite place of the entire trip. all science, all day, first time for me, we spent many hours and could have really spent more, just fabulous if you like science : )

9 attractions for $117 for both of us, that pass is the bomb, noahs ark would have been $75 for both of us so i TOTALLY recommend it

last day- water park and then off to madison to celebrate the 4th with friends

every day we were there the hotels had openings, the polynesian had rooms for the 4th but said they were sold out on the 5th

happy to answer any questions

South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 149
11. Re: trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge the 2nd week of June for about $145 a night. The room could have slept 6 (2 queen and a pull-out). Not a bad idea to shop around a bit.

chicago
reviews: 18
12. Re: trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

good deal, did you find it on their website?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 99
13. Re: trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

That sounds like a great deal kren. I hope to stay at the Indian Trail sometime too. I would love to hear of your experience with Noah's and Indian Trail, you should do a trip report after if you have the time/inclination ;-)

Edited: 1:02 am, July 18, 2013
Mil,WI
reviews: 2
14. Re: trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

Pirates Cove IS THE BEST MINIATURE GULF I have ever been to!! We go a couple times on each of our trips.

Highly recommended!!!

15. Re: trip report july 1-4 with a 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014