We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do with a four year old

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
21 reviews
things to do with a four year old

Planning noahs ark, tommy bartlet, ducks and deer park. Any other suggestions? We can go for five days, Saturday- wednesday. Planning on going to noahs ark on monday.

Anyone know of any discounts available?

Any other tips? How much is parking at noahs? Will we have to pay to park at other places?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
107 reviews
11. Re: things to do with a four year old

only if these special circumstances apply:

noahsarkwaterpark.com/great-deals/…

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
200 reviews
12. Re: things to do with a four year old

We did Tommy Bartlett, Ducks, Upper Dells Boat, Circus World, Pirates Golf and Ripley's through Passport to Savings.

We enjoyed Ripley's (only my 9 year old daughter and myself) and it was only $10 total with the discount, but it's sure not for small kids. My daughter was scared in certain areas and there are some disturbing displays for a little kid.

Bartlett's will be great, the Ducks will be cool. The Upper Dells tour was fantastic, but 2 hours long, so if you choose that one, make sure you have the time.. Pirate's Cove is super cheap with the discount and it was a fun 1/2 hour.

The one I think a young child will really enjoy is Circus World. The displays are really interesting for adults, but they have a lot of kid friendly things. In the early afternoon, they have a children's circus under the hippodome. The kids act out the animals and performers. it was cute and the kids loved it. There is also a carousel for $2, horse and elephant rides for around $5-$8 and a little play area. The main building that houses the large portion of circus wagons wow-ed my daughter. They also have magic shows, which we did not see. Thoughout the day they do different things. Check their website out and you can see the schedule. they have a nice picnic area too. It was an entertaining 3 hours.

Edited: 10:51 am, June 21, 2013
South Dakota
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
149 reviews
13. Re: things to do with a four year old

If you need to get away from the business of the Dells, you could drive over to Devil's Lake, picnic, swim and let your child dig in the sand. It's very scenic and the water is very clear. Has your child ever ridden on an auto ferry? There is a free, short, ferry ride across the Wisconsin River in nearby Merrimac. Our kids thought it was pretty cool to drive our van onto a boat, but maybe we're just easily amused.

I second the Great Northern RR. 4 is the perfect age for that.

The Upper Dells Boat tour is beautiful, and is the best scenic attraction offered. However, as another poster said, it is very long, even for adults. Our kids were all got very antsy once the novelty of being on a boat wore off. If you go, be sure to bring things for your child to do on the tour.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
31 reviews
14. Re: things to do with a four year old

Remember that your hotel might have a Noah's deal. Ask when you book and again when you check in.

chicago
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
21 reviews
15. Re: things to do with a four year old

Thanks! The passport to savings seems like such a gteat deal especially since my daughter is free at so many places

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
365 reviews
16. Re: things to do with a four year old

I thought of another attraction that a 4 year old would probably like: Lost Canyon tours. You ride a horse drawn wagon through the woods and in a canyon. The ride is pretty, and fairly short. We did it a few years ago, and my kids really liked it.

chicago
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
21 reviews
17. Re: things to do with a four year old

That sounds really fun! Is it in the dells?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
365 reviews
18. Re: things to do with a four year old

Yes, it is. It's very near the Wilderness resort.

19. Re: things to do with a four year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014