We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do with a four year old

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 18
things to do with a four year old

Planning noahs ark, tommy bartlet, ducks and deer park. Any other suggestions? We can go for five days, Saturday- wednesday. Planning on going to noahs ark on monday.

Anyone know of any discounts available?

Any other tips? How much is parking at noahs? Will we have to pay to park at other places?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 103
1. Re: things to do with a four year old

Riverside and Great Northern Railway and lunch at the Rail Dog. Circus World Museum in Baraboo would be fun, pack a picnic maybe they have nice grounds too. The Ducks and Deer Park are great choices and Tommy Bartlett. Have fun.

http://www.randgn.com/

http://circusworld.wisconsinhistory.org/

waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2GB1_Hungry_Stop_B…

Edited: 10:52 am, June 19, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
2. Re: things to do with a four year old

also lunch at Buffalo Phil's maybe where the mini train brings the food.

http://www.buffalophilsgrille.com/

Edited: 10:53 am, June 19, 2013
chicago
3. Re: things to do with a four year old

Adding exploratory, pirate golf and go karts since they allow me to get noahs, tommy and ducks at 35% off

Any thoughts on wizard, ripley, 4d or timber? I can add them for a very small cost

I think ill add circus then since its recommended

Edited: 11:09 am, June 19, 2013
WI
Destination Expert
4. Re: things to do with a four year old

Exploratory is like stepping back in time in some ways, we enjoyed it. There's some fun things that your four year old will enjoy there too.

I don't have input on the others but definitely check reviews posted for some thoughts on those (or response in your post either/both).

if you consider Baraboo with the Circus there's other things to enjoy in the area and you can gauge it on what you think might work traveling with a four year old:

www.savingcranes.org you don't have to stay long and it's a nice walk around outdoors

http://www.wisconsinbigcats.org/ near Baraboo

Parfrey's Glen/Devils Lake State Park

smithsonianmag.com/travel/The-20-Best-Small-… Baraboo made the list of 20 best small towns in America.

chicago
5. Re: things to do with a four year old

Is exploratory an hour visit?

Iowa
reviews: 334
6. Re: things to do with a four year old

You could do Wizard; the 4 year old likely won't get into solving the puzzles at all but he/she would like looking around. There's a few slides you can go down, fairy statues, etc.

I would skip Ripleys; I think it's a rip off:-). It's possible sections of it might scare a younger child.

WI
Destination Expert
7. Re: things to do with a four year old

you know we probably did spend about an hr. at the Exploratory that sounds about right.

Iowa
reviews: 334
8. Re: things to do with a four year old

Timbavati Wildlife park could be an option, although so far the reviews aren't very good.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
9. Re: things to do with a four year old

I think the Deer Park is a better choice than Timbavati.

Don't buy discount tickets until AFTER you check in at the hotel. Most have deals / discount cards they give you at the front desk.

Parking at Noah's is apparently either 5 or 10 bucks depending on where you park. Downtown Dells has parking meters that are aggressively enforced. Most other places are free parking as far as I know.

chicago
10. Re: things to do with a four year old

Has anyone seen noahs ark for less than $25? That's the price in the passport to savings

Edited: 5:06 pm, June 20, 2013