We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just spent 4 days in the Dells. Observations.

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 149
Just spent 4 days in the Dells. Observations.

We were at the Dells from Sunday to Wednesday last week. Here are some thoughts and observations.

It wasn't very busy. I was hoping the 2nd week of June wouldn't be crazy and it wasn't. We stayed at great Wolf (great stay) and I would say, judging from the parking lot, it was maybe 1/2 full or a little more. 2 years ago we stayed in late August and you couldn't find a place to park at the hotel. It was very nice.

We ate at Buffalo Phil's (good thin crust pizza) one evening. We had a 20 minute wait, mostly because the top level was shut off and I don't think they had enough servers. We had Moosejaw for lunch (pretty good) and there were about 20 people in the whole place. Monk's was good and fairly busy for lunch. Cracker Barrel for a 8:30 breakfast (yum! and nice size portions for once) was very slow. Paul Bunyan's breakfast was good and pretty busy. The hotel resturant was slow at lunch and really good.

The best show we saw was the Wilcox Magic Show. Very impressive. We say Bartlett at 8:30 one night under the threat of rain. The first half of the show was great and the 2nd hald was a bit spotty. Still, it was entertaining. there where millions of bugs flying around the spotlights. My daughter was freaked out a bit. Cirus World was very interesting for me. My 9 year old thought it was just alright. The Original Ducks were good. Same lame jokes as 2 years ago, but it's a fun ride. This was the first time we did the Upper Dells and it was a much better trip than the lower. I'd highly recommend it. Pitate's Cove Golf was alright. Ripley's was fun, but make sure you are getting a discount ticket, because full price is too much for what you get to see.

Overall, it was a great trip. GWL Waterpark is fun and the rooms are very comfortable. The food was all good and the attractions we saw were fun.

Highs - GWL, Wilcox, Upper Dells Boats, Paul Bunyan and Buffalo Phil's Pizza

Lows - The rundown parts of Circus World and the bugs at Tommy Bartlett.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Just spent 4 days in the Dells. Observations.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time.

2. Re: Just spent 4 days in the Dells. Observations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 19, 2014