We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

I know that the resort can get crowded during the summer. Although the public can't buy day passes, I heard that people who stay at other places are able to go here. First, I want to know how crowded it will be during the first week of July (week days only). Second, how long would kids have to wait in lines for the good rides? Third, is it usually less crowded than the other resorts? Last, is putting up with the wait and crowds absolutely worth it?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

I love this place worth it for sure but people who don't stay at the wilderness can't come in.

Iowa
reviews: 327
2. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

People who stay at other places aren't allowed; all resort guests have to wear wristbands during their stay.

We were there Labor Day weekend; I didn't think it was crowded at all.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

I believe Wilderness DOES have arrangements with other properties for waterpark use. They just don't accept walk-ins from off the street like Kalahari does.

First week in July is one of the busiest of the summer in the Dells because of the 4th. You will pay super-premium prices and have the longest lines of the season. If you can do another week, do it.

Iowa
4. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

According to Wilderness Resort website, the waterparks are for resort guests only, and I've never heard of arrangements where other properties are allowed to use the waterparks. Of course, if you stay at Wilderness on the Lake or Glacier Canyon Lodge or Wilderness Resort you are allowed to use all waterparks, but they are all Wilderness properties.

Chula Vista and Kalahari both allow people not staying at the resort to buy tickets to use their waterparks. I know some of the Mom and Pop motels offer free tickets to Chula Vista waterparks.

3rd Chaise to the...
5. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

Not to argue, but there are previous posts in this forum where those staying at other properties have mentioned having access to the Wilderness. But it really doesn't matter. The first week of July will be jammed regardless of arrangements.

Iowa
6. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

I've never read a post on here where someone said they stayed at another property and were allowed to use the Wilderness waterparks. I'd love to see the link to a thread mentioning it. We really liked the Wilderness waterparks, and it would be much cheaper for us staying at another (cheaper) place but still have access to Wilderness waterparks;-).

3rd Chaise to the...
7. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60403-i115-k12888…

Granted that was a long time ago, so it might not be the case anymore. Probably worth a call to Fields Motel.

Iowa
8. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

Thanks! Recent reviews for Fields Motel mention the free Wilderness waterpark tickets, so it appears they still do it. I had no idea! It sounds like a great option for those of us who want to enjoy the Wilderness waterparks without shelling out the bucks for the resort rooms.

South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 132
9. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

While driving by last week, I noticed that there is a big billboard out front of the Wilderness that says that their waterpark is for their guests only. I'm talking right out front. If they are letting others in, they are bold face liars.

Nebraska, United...
reviews: 18
10. Re: Best time to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells?

And, on their resort channel on TV, the infomercial featuring the young kid specifically says you must stay at the Wilderness to play at the Wilderness. I find that very interesting...

Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells