We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for small kids and a baby

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
la crosse, wisconsin
reviews: 6
Lodging for small kids and a baby

I am looking for lodging to accommodate our 4 and 5 year olds, as well as our 1 year old. I've heard that the wilderness on the lake is nice because you can let the baby nap while sitting on a deck right outside the room watching the older kids play in the pool. However their rates are 525/night for mid July...anything more reasonable that has easy access to water while keeping the baby in for the nap? Also would like a 2 bedroom situation. We would do hotel, motel, and also love the idea of a cottage/cabin....just so many options to research!

Thanks!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 66
1. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

I have had really good luck finding room packages for the Wyndham '' wilderness timeshare '' on ebay. Not sure about July but most recently spent four nights over Christmas thur-mon in a three bedroom suite for something like $300. The kids loved it there we had four under 5 years. Maybe check out cabins at Jellystone campground we camp so I don't know cabin price but we really like it there as well

Iowa
reviews: 334
2. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

I thought Great Wolf Lodge very geared towards young children (more so than the Wilderness). I don't know about any rooms though at Great Wolf where you could watch the older ones swim while the baby naps.

The Wintergreen hotel seems to get decent reviews, and has a small but cute waterpark geared towards little kids, so that could be an idea.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 103
3. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

Carousel Inn and Suites is small and geared towards the younger set and Great Wolf as mentioned. Our family when the kids were younger enjoyed that a lot (Carousel) I haven't checked reviews lately. It's affordable and not fancy but has the right things for young children too. Otherwise you could do our option which is to stay at a smaller non waterpark hotel (or minimal in that regard) and take in Noah's Ark for the day. They have a great section too now for young children. You'll find it all there.

chicago, IL
reviews: 125
4. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

For a camp/lodge/cabin sort of feel at a more reasonable price maybe try Meadowbrook Lodge. We stayed there one time a few years back and it was fine for what it was - IE may not get some of the glitz of one of the waterpark resorts They have a motel area along with some cabin type lodging. It is a family run hotel, but does have several activities such as a small pool and activity area which would probably be fine for the ages you note. There was also playgrounds, grass for the children to play, a nightly campfire with s'mores, family movies showing, other family activities in or around the lobby.

It was alright but as mentioned I might not look here if you are expecting something like the wilderness.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
5. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

I would also offer the Polynesian as an option. Again, not as fancy, but there are rooms that open right into the outdoor waterpark. It is certainly geared more toward younger kids.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 103
6. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

I recommend the Polynesian too, really perfect for the 10 and under age, the mature grounds outside are enjoyable for the adults too.

7. Re: Lodging for small kids and a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014