We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness and Kalahari

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 13
Wilderness and Kalahari

Would it be reasonable to spend 2 nights each at Wilderness and Kalahari? Our family of 3 (7 year old) has never been to the Dells and I don't know if it would be best to stay at one location or break it up to see more. I understand you have to stay at wilderness to use their waterparks which is why I'd like to check that one out but I think my preference would be Kalahari.

Calgary, Canada
11. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

Well we have decided on 3 nights at Kalahari and 2 nights at Wilderness. We have a significant drive from North Western Ontario which is why we decided on 5 nights. We arrive late on a Sunday so we won't get to see or do much the first night. As this will be our first and maybe only time to the Dells I really wanted to go with both properties even if the check in/out will be a bit inconvenient.

I am getting concerned though reading the reviews regarding these resorts. Considering how much these cost the cleanliness of Kalahari is a concern and the service at Wilderness sounds like it needs improving. I'll report back with reviews on both when we return!

Iowa
reviews: 328
12. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

We stayed at the Wilderness last year and had no problems with the service. I guess it depends on how picky you are though:-). I often think the negative reviews for the waterpark resorts are maybe from people who are used to very upscale accomodations, and expect things to be perfect. You're definitely paying for the waterpark rather than the rooms, so it's not the Ritz. Our room was very clean though, and, like I mentioned above, I thought the service was fine.

chicago
reviews: 19
13. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

The room at wilderness was clean but old, the room at Kalahari was new and clean

Calgary, Canada
14. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

Reviews on both Wilderness and Kalahari will be posted soon!

It was not an issue to stay at both. No line checking in at either hotel. We checked in at 11 am to Wilderness and did have to wait till 3 for our room to be ready but it was no problem at all as we were busy at the waterparks.

Wish we had stayed at Wilderness first and then Kalahari as Kalahari was much nicer and better value. Going to Wilderness was a step down after enjoying Kalahari so much.

chicago
reviews: 19
15. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

i agree, we did wilderness first and then kalahari

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
16. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

two in two sounds like a great way to check both out with minimal hassle as they're near enough to one another and if you don't mind packing up and switching I say go for it! Variety is the spice of life.

17. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014