We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

memorial day

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 21
memorial day

is this a very busy weekend in the dells? considering going to noahs ark if its 80 or above

Wisconsin
reviews: 14
1. Re: memorial day

I think any holiday weekend between May and Sept is going to be busy. I haven't gone on one but I just figure that most families are planning fun things to do with the kids off an extra day of school.

Iowa
reviews: 368
2. Re: memorial day

Hopefully it will be 80 or above by then;-). We're having a snow day here in northeast Iowa (3 hours from the Dells) and it's still coming down!

We've never been to the Dells over Memorial Day weekend, but did go over Labor Day weekend last year. I really didn't think the crowds any worse then when we've gone weekends in mid July. Maybe the cooler weather during our so called spring this year will keep more people away over Mem. Day weekend.

Edited: 11:23 am, May 02, 2013
chicago
3. Re: memorial day

85 in Chicago yesterday and 45 today!

I'm just not sure if lots of people go memorial since kids are still in school I guess ill check hotel rates that should give me my answer

Wisconsin
reviews: 14
4. Re: memorial day

I know tons of people who go away because it is a 3 day weekend and kids are out of school Monday.

chicago
5. Re: memorial day

Hotel rates are actually quite reasonable, now lets just see if it warms up

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: memorial day

Memorial Day is no longer the big weekend it used to be in the Dells. Weather is often chilly for the outdoor parks, and they prefer that softer opening. The dry parks of the 60s and 70s could run with colder conditions. Also schools are still in session. These days folks wait for the weather forecast and make a last-minute decision.

chicago
7. Re: memorial day

thats exactly my plan elveric, thanks for your post

8. Re: memorial day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 05, 2014