We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hannibal, Missouri
reviews: 30
Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

This is my first trip up north. We are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells. What are the best deals? I have read some reviews that say the food pass is not worth the money at the hotel and to eat out. Any suggestions? We are going in June. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks a bunch! Traveling with two small children in June.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

I find that most hotel food deals will leave you disappointed.

Your room at Great Wolf should have a mini-fridge and microwave, which will let you have some snacks in the room.

Buffalo Phil's has this little train deliver food, Kids like the idea. Food is average.

The Dells has every food chain at this point, so it won't be tough to please the kids.

Locally, I like Pizza Pub for their lunch buffet and delivery.

Culver's has good food and awesome frozen custard.

Check the brochure racks, etc for coupons when you arrive.

Hope you have a great time! I had a great visit to Hannibal as a kid.

Wisconsin
reviews: 13
2. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

Moosejaw pizza...mmmmmm and Paul Bunyan for breakfast. Love them both. My faves there. Moosejaw has the most delicious beer bread and beer soup and awesome pizza too. Paul Bunyan is not necessarily the greatest but it is such a tradition with my family that when I think Dells, I think Paul Bunyan. They serve family style with the same breakfast food daily (pancakes, potatoes, eggs, donuts, sausage and gravy and biscuits). It is all you can eat too.

Hannibal, Missouri
reviews: 30
3. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

thanks so much for the info. I appreciate it. I was wondering about places to eat since most of the reviews Ive read have said the food at the hotel is not that great. thanks for taking the time to reply

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
4. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

The Rail Dog

Buffalo Phil's

Mr. Pancake

Paul Bunyan's

Pizza Pub

Moosejaw

Culver's

The Cracker Barrel

South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 149
5. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

Here's a fun thing for the kids.

The Great Wolf restaurant give the kids wolf ears with their kid's meal.

Buffalo Phil's give them Baffalo Horns

Moosejaw give them Moose Antlers

All 3 places are a little overpriced, but you are paying for the atmosphere.

A couple years ago, we stayed at GWL and tehy offered a package deal for kids. It was a refillable bottle for drinks, a stuffed animal, a wand for Magiquest and a few other things. It also got us a 10% discount at Buffalo Phil's and the GWL restaurant. That's better than nothing.

Wisconsin
6. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

I beg to differ.....I don't think the places are overpriced at all. They are about what you would pay for a burger or pizza at any given sit down restaurant.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
7. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

I think the pizza places are overpriced! I was in the Dells over Thanksgiving week and it was disappointing how high pizzas were.

We did enjoy a dinner at the Sprecher's place. I think it used to be a Houlihans or something like that before.

Wisconsin
8. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

Usually pizza is $20 some for a large (not Pizza Hut type places) and burgers are $10-$12. I don't see how that is considered high. Red Robin and mom and pop sit down pizza places have the same prices. I'm speaking about Waukesha/Milwaukee area of WI at least. Sorry for arguing about this. I am just trying to figure out what is so high about it? Compared to Culver's or Pizza Hut maybe. Am I missing something?

Wisconsin
9. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

Timesharevon, What did you guys order at the Sprecher place? Would you order it again? We're thinking about trying it out. Also is it true....refills on tap soda is $1.00? I saw it on their website.

10. Re: Great Wolf Lodge, Wisconsin Dells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 04, 2014