We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 107
Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

I'm looking at the Passport to Savings website and it looks like we can add a couple small things to do and pretty much have them be free with the 35% savings. I have to pay in advance and it's non-refundable. I will also have to pick up the tickets from Batlett's ticket office the day we get there.

I just want to make sure this is legit before I give somebody $120 and end up empty handed. It all looks good, but has anyone used them and how did it all go? Do they give you vouchers for each place?

Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
reviews: 128
1. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

Full warning: I know NOTHING about this program, however, in tourist areas be very careful giving someone money, in advance which is non-refundable. However, a simple Google search yielded some info. Here is a link to a previous TA comment regarding the program.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60403-i115-k36229…

Here's a copy/paste of it.

I've learned not to buy tickets in advance as I wasted some $$ before because plans changed. Passport to Savings booths are located throughout the Dells area and you can always get your tickets when you get there and then can ask additional questions.

Report inappropriate content

May 13, 2010, 8:40 AM

Thank you for the information. I have been reading up more and have got to know that there are many options of passes to buy to save. Does anyone know which would be the best one. We are a family of 4 adults, and one child under 2. So, I guess she will be free in any case in all attractions. The attractions we plan on visiting are Noah's Ark, Tommy Bartlett Show, Wiconsin Ducks Tour, Boat Tour. Also, the Deer Park and the Lost Canyon Tours, although I dont think any passes cover those.

South Bend, Indiana
2. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

Thanks for that. I'll just wait until we get there and wander over to a both and see what it's about.

Wisconsin
reviews: 11
3. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

I've used them before. I usually buy them a week before going. I've picked them up at Tommy Bartlett like it says. Never had problems. So yes, it is legit.

South Bend, Indiana
4. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

Perfect! I figured they were safe, but just wanted the reassurance.

Wisconsin
reviews: 128
5. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

We've seen similar kiosks when we travel. They want that Bird in the Hand. I'm sure it's legit, but if you have to cancel because of a conflict, illness etc. they've got their money. We've almost bought attraction or tour tickets in advance to save a couple of bucks, then the next day plans changed and we were glad we hadn't. We'd have saved $5 but been out $20.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

If you are coming to the Dells for the first time, I really recommend looking around first and then deciding what you want to do. You may determine that the Passport attractions are not really what you want to do.

Their deals are legit, though, and they have been around a long time.

blaine,minnesota
7. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

passport has a booth in the dells so you do not need to purchase before you go, I believe the booth we used was by the wilderness. The more individual per person attractions you buy the more percentage you save.

8. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, May 14, 2013

Wisconsin Dells
9. Re: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?

Passport to Savings is definitely legit and the savings certainly can add up if you plan to do the attractions in the program. There are also booths in-town where you can purchase the tickets if you wanted to wait until you arrived. Happy Saving!

Reply to: Is the Passport to Savings website legit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted