We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money to bring?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 11
How much money to bring?

I am hemming and hawing about how much money to bring. Not counting the motel stay or the tickets I am prepaying for (with the Passport to Savings website) or gas, how much should I bring for 2 adults and a 10 year old for 4 nights, 5 days? We are eating breakfast and dinner (bringing snacks for in between). And will probably do a few things not on the Passport to Savings list (we chose 6 from there). We don't do much souvenir shopping. Probably spend under $100 on that kind of stuff.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: How much money to bring?

maybe $300 for your meals (giving $30 for each meal--could be more or less it really varies vastly depending on your eating choices). Is that all you're asking is for meals--not the gas, motel or tickets correct? It depends what else you do extra I would suppose. Maybe an extra $200 for whatever else in addition to $300 roughly for meals. Again I'm not sure it helps as this can real vary widely among people. If you want more flexibility in doing extra things maybe a bit more.

Wisconsin
2. Re: How much money to bring?

We don't do extravagant dining. Like Paul Bunyan's for breakfast and then like Moosejaw or Pizza Pub type places for dinner. And maybe some extra places not on Passport to Savings. Little to no souvenirs. I was thinking $750 for all that I just listed.

Wisconsin
3. Re: How much money to bring?

No Tyme or other ATM card?

Edited: 11:08 pm, April 24, 2013
Marshfield...
reviews: 28
4. Re: How much money to bring?

If you're on a budget, check the restaurant websites for their menus. We bring several hundred when we go to the Dells because you don't want to get caught by surprise away from home.

The last time we went, we decided to make breakfast stuff ahead of time and bring it with us. I made some homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and biscuits that we kept in the fridge in our room once we got there (our room also had a microwave). Lasted my family for 2 breakfast meals...and we also had cereal. Saved us a good chunk of change making breakfast on our own instead of going out for it.

We also had some soda and other things to drink/snack on in our room.

It doesn't hurt to bring extra cash, just in case.

All in all, your budget determines where you eat and how much you spend. Figure out how much you're willing to spend per meal and find places to suit your taste. We always plan ahead on where we want to go each day to eat so there are no surprises.

Good luck!

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
5. Re: How much money to bring?

Figure out how much you think you will need, then bring an extra $200. That's always my vacation plan.

I think by the time you figure in beverages and tip, meals for 3 will be closer to $40 at a sit-down location.

6. Re: How much money to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 28, 2014