We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, South...
reviews: 5
Where to Stay

I know, I know the boring, typical "Where to Stay" question. :)

We will be in Wisconsin Dells this summer for a basketball tournament. We plan on coming in 2-3 days before the games start as a little quick vacation.

We have 3 children (ages 14, 12 & 9) who love the lake atmosphere.

We are really looking for a Lake Lodge meets mom and pop type location as we can always just go and pay for a day admission to the bigger parks. A cabin or smaller lodge would be perfect.

Not sure if the lakes are sandy (we live in South Dakota where it's all rocky bottomed) but that would be a plus. :)

If someone wants to give the benefits of staying at say Kalahari or Wilderness please do as I might have overlooked something.

Thanks In Advance!!

Wisconsin
reviews: 13
1. Re: Where to Stay

Honestly I recommend Blackhawk Motel. It is where we stay. It is a mom and pop place that has had their rooms remodeled over the past few years. They are one of the lowest priced motels in the Dells, but rated at like #2 according to Tripadvisor with reviews. They have a ton of room choices, including some cottages with a kitchen and 2 bedrooms etc. They are redoing their website right now, however, I was told it should be working by early next week with pricing and online reservations. If you call them, you could get prices. They are super nice and very helpful. PLUS they have an indoor and and outdoor pool. AND offer FREE Chula VIsta waterpark tickets for the entire length of your stay. Microwave and fridge are included in ALL rooms too. They really offer a lot for the price. You won't be disappointed. It's also very quiet compared to the big waterpark hotels.

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
2. Re: Where to Stay

There are lots of places around Delton Lake, from upscale condos to mom and pop cabins. Look here for some …cbs2.com/VacationRentals-g60403-Reviews-Wis…

Some will offer deals to the waterparks. There is also Cedar Lodge and Rivers Edge which are actually on the Wisconsin River. Not sure what, if any, beach like areas they have since the river can have a strong current.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
3. Re: Where to Stay

to be on the water/lake with some activities I recommend Aloha http://www.alohabeachresort.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60403-d262661-…

Other Mom and Pops that rate high:

www.indiantrailmotel.com

http://www.blackhawkmotel.com/

Edited: 5:48 pm, April 24, 2013
Iowa
reviews: 328
4. Re: Where to Stay

I haven't ever stayed there, but from pictures it looks like Baker's Sunset Resort has a sand beach, and is right on the water. I would bet some of the places on the lake have free kayak/canoe rentals. That might be something worth looking into.

Wilderness resort is a great place to stay if you are looking for a waterpark resort. Only guests staying at the Wilderness can use the waterparks there.

Edited: 7:45 pm, April 24, 2013
5. Re: Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 26, 2014