We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just starting to plan our trip

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska, United...
reviews: 18
Just starting to plan our trip

We are looking to take a family vacation to Wisconsin Dells this summer. We've done Mt. Rushmore, Branson, Worlds of Fun, etc, and want a new fun place that our kids (12, 7, and 3) will love. We're OK with touristy places! We've also invited my sister's family along; they have a 13-yr. old.

At first, I was thinking Great Wolf, but I'm now thinking Wilderness might suit us better. But, I'm open to suggestions! We'd love to do a condo, 3 br or so, reasonably priced.

Any suggestions on where to start? Best bang for your buck? Places to avoid? Must sees and dos?

Thanks!

17 replies to this topic
Minnesota
reviews: 266
11. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

We have stayed at 3 different styles of condos several times at the Wilderness. Three days is sufficient. Wilderness on the Lake tends to be less expensive. Personally, I would stay at the Wilderness for the convenience of having the water park directly on-site. You lose that with Wilderness on the Lake. Although you can still take the shuttle, it is not the same.

Wisconsin Dells
12. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

Two things to note - the Culver's Deals in the Dells program has been discontinued. One way to look for great deals would be to sign up for Deals of the Week email which has 3 offers each week for various businesses. Here is a link to the sign up - wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells-deals/signupdea… Also, another option for viewing the Upper Dells of the Wisconsin River is via jet boat. With 360 degree spins and power stops, they will keep your kids entertained (and the adults too!). Enjoy your visit to Wisconsin Dells!

Wisconsin
reviews: 10
13. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

You can also get online coupons at dells.com. They also sell a coupon book (like an Entertainment Book) and discount cards. On the website you can view the participting merchants to decide if they would save you money.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
14. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

the Deals in the Dells cards from Culver's were free and not "sold" it's disappointing to hear they are discontinued, they really provided the most amazing value--with a paid adult your child got in free to the MANY attractions listed on the card. When it started that was 12 and under and then 11 and under later. Noah's Ark was removed last year which was a big hit when we first used it it saved us $40 so instead of Noah's Ark costing us $120 back then for a family of four it only cost $80. It was a rare deal where you didn't have to buy coupons or discounts and the kids got in FREE with adults.

I second Riverside and Great Northern Railway, the Deer Park and make sure you stop at The Rail Dog for lunch. The Original Wisconsin Ducks are wonderful too.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
15. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

Buffalo Phil's for a meal delivered by "train"

http://www.buffalophilsgrille.com/

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 119
16. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

Wow, glad I rechecked this thread. Thanks for the info. about the Deals in the Dells card. That's a bummer.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
17. Re: Just starting to plan our trip

Three days is just about the right amount of time to spend in the Dells.

Reply to: Just starting to plan our trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted