We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 14
The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

I am wondering which is the best one to stay and play at. Mt Olympus or Kalahari or Great Wolf or Wilderness. We're looking for a something that not only has water stuff but rides and games etc. Also does anyone know if you have to pay extra for the rides? I can understand needing to pay for a video game, but I think it would stink to have to pay to do go karts or bowling or something. Basically I want to know what the hidden fees are for these places.

Right now we're looking at Mt Olympus and the tree houses because they seem like they'd be quieter, they are newer, they are so neat looking and it looks like Mt Olympus has a lot to offer. Now we've been to the Dells quite a bit but usually stay at a non-waterpark place. I have a 10 year old son and thought this year we'd stay at a fancier place. My hubby and son will do a waterpark, but not I. So it would be nice to have the ride option for all of us.

I don't want to overspend either. So I would like to know going into it, what places charge even more money etc. Also what are your experiences with these places.

Iowa
reviews: 334
1. Re: The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

We haven't stayed at Mt. Olympus yet, but I'm pretty sure the theme park rides are included with your stay. I know it gets bad reviews, but I would like to stay there sometime to see what it's like. Their go cart track looks like fun.

For Kalahari, you do need to pay extra for the indoor theme park. You can buy individual tickets, or buy a wristband for all day indoor theme park access. I think the wristband costs around $20-$25 per person. We plan on staying there this summer, and I plan on buying just the kids the wristbands. The indoor theme park has a ferris wheel, go carts, laser tag, climbing wall, maybe a few other things.

We stayed at the Wilderness in September, and really liked it. You do have to pay extra for laser tag, mini golf, bumper boats, haunted house. There a several different waterparks, inside and out--I think 5 or 6 total. Just checking out the different waterparks was enough to keep us busy.

Great Wolf is nice too, but not as big as Wilderness; and it doesn't have the go carts or laser tag.

Minnesota
reviews: 362
2. Re: The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

When you say "Best place to stay," best is subjective. It all depends. Price wise, Mnt Olympus is the best bang for your buck as the indoor and outdoor waterparks and theme parks are included. The go-carts are indeed very fun! We have never stayed in the tree houses, but the Mnt Olympus Rome hotel is the least nice of the ones you mentioned. Because of what's included, Mnt Olympus is a good summer choice. The Wilderness has a great indoor and outdoor waterpark. The go-carts are not included. As stated, the Kalahari charges extra for their indoor theme park and go-carts.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

Kalahari did have some deals where the indoor theme park wristbands were included with the hotel stay. Unless it has changed, you get one or two go-cart rides with the wristband and they have added some new attractions that are also included.

4. Re: The Dells Waterpark/Resorts Hidden Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014