We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
springfield
Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

We are looking into making a trip to the Dells early June, 10 adults 30-55 of age and 10-12 children 12-18 of age. Looked at The Great Wolf Lodge, Mt. Olympus, Wilderness so far......Have I missed any other options..

Originally thought Mt. Olympus but with all the negative reviews thinking otherwise now.

Any suggestions to keep the kids busy and adults relaxed......

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

for big resorts Kalahari or Wilderness are the most popular for that age range and big resort feel. Chula Vista would be a third. Great Wolf is great for ages 10 and under. Mt. Olympus does get a lot of negative reviews...we have never gone but I'm not impressed from what I've heard.

Another option: a smaller resort and Noah's Ark...early June can be iffy with weather warmness and yet we haven't had a problem, also Noah's Ark has wetsuits if needed. That would definitely keep the kids happy and you can spend your time elsewhere doing other things or just relaxing.

My other suggestion would be if you're still keen on the big resort still do Noah's Ark--nothing compares and especially for the age set of mostly teens Noah's Ark will blow them away. They do charge for parking this year but then again Mt. Olympus has for a couple years.

Iowa
reviews: 327
2. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

For the big resorts, we've stayed at Great Wolf and Wilderness. Great Wolf is nice, but definitely geared for younger kids, plus it's not as big as the Wilderness. I would not recommend it for you guys, given the ages of the people in your travel party.

We really liked the Wilderness; it's big and the waterparks have a lot to do. In addition to the waterparks, they have laser tag, mini golf, a play area for kids, wagon rides, several arcades. They also have several different types of accomodations available, including cabins and condos. There is a fair amount of walking from one area to another, which can be time consuming. My Dad (60s, not in the best shape) thought the walking was too tiring.

We haven't stayed there yet, but Kalahari gets great reviews too, and apparently is also big. It has a small indoor theme park as well as the waterparks.

Chula Vista would be another option. I think it's smaller than Wilderness and Kalahari, and doesn't seem to be quite as popular for some reason.

I would avoid Mt.Olympus. Reviews seem to be pretty bad. It's rare to see anyone recommend it on this forum.

Minnesota
reviews: 290
3. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

Mnt Olympus outdoor water park, coasters, & go carts are terrific. Unfortunately there is more to it than just the outdoor rides. If you are not a regular Dells family and this is a one time trip, I wouldn't recommend Mnt Olympus. I would agree that the Wilderness is the best choice. Glacier Canyon condos are a great option or there are the on-property condos where you may need to walk a bit but they are very nice and the screen porch and grill is a plus. Plus, the kids have a bit more room to run. We have stayed in both but prefer the non-Glacier Canyon during the summer months.

il.
4. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

If you don't need a waterpark to stay at we've stayed in condos at the Caribbean club resort on lake delton, very peacefull and relaxing but only minutes from all the attractions, www.caribbeanclubresorts.com Joe

Edited: 7:41 pm, April 03, 2013
Madison, WI
reviews: 23
5. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

If you're looking for waterparks...

My family has been to Kalahari, Great Wolf, Wilderness and Chula Vista a number of times. Kalahari is the family fave, with Wilderness a close second. (We've only visited Mt. Olympus during the day, and I don't think I would stay there with the other alternatives in the area.) As other reviews have stated, Great Wolf and Chula Vista are both also very nice, just smaller.

All of the 'big 4' have very nice 'condos', which are like houses/townhouses that you could have your family stay in so they are close together. One consideration for the Wilderness is that the waterparks are in different buildings. You may be able to walk between them in June, but usually you just take a shuttle, and you have to pick the one you want to go to.

We have stayed at the Kalahari 'condos' with our extended family on a few occasions, with people ranging from 1 to 60-something. The 'condos' are actually houses - NICE houses. They have ~5 bedrooms/4 bathrooms, a bar, a movie watching area in the basement (with a large screen and big, individual recliners), a pool table, a hot tub, a large deck, etc. What we really like about them is that they are big enough that the family can do different things in different parts of the house. Ex. you can have 'grown-up' activities (pool / card games, etc) in the basement while the kids play or watch television upstairs. The kitchens are also full size and well-equipped. We usually have each family responsible for one/two meals, which works out well to avoid eating hotel food for your entire trip. (There is a WalMart about 2 exits north on the interstate in case you forgot anything.)

You do have to take a shuttle to the waterpark area, but they are fairly quick and the waterparks are in one location (other than a pool at a different building).

Otherwise, the Kalahari also has a large indoor theme park, a movie theater, and a restaurant attached to the main building. (Another reviewer had said that the indoor theme park is small, but if it's small, I'm dying to see what a big one looks like!) :) The theme park has a go-kart track, a climbing wall, and 3-story ropes course and a little kids' ropes course, laser tag, kiddie bumper boats, a ferris wheel, a carousel, a 5D interactive shooting game, a race car game, and about a million other games. If you really want to do the rides, I would suggest buying an all-day wrist-band. It's usually ~$25, but it only takes a few different rides to come out ahead on the price vs. a pay-as-you-go card.

Good luck with wherever you decide to stay!!

6. Re: Resort to Stay at Wisconsin Dells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2014