We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chula Vista or Wilderness?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 19
Chula Vista or Wilderness?

Looking at a weekend stay in the near future, and I can't decide whether it's worth spending the extra $ to get a Glacier Canyon condo or just get a villa room at CV. Stayed at GC last spring, nice room but the walking to the water parks was a bit annoying, and I found having to traipse between the 3 indoor parks a bit tedious too, plus it was packed. Is CV boring with it's one indoor park or have they simply fit more into the space? And is there still a lot of walking? Is it less overcrowded?

Wisconsin
reviews: 115
1. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness?

Just a note. The waterparks are especially crowded on the weekends. We stay at the wilderness because we enjoy the different parks and have no worries with walking. BUT we never stay during a weekend. We go on a Wednesday of Thursday night and avoid the crowds. We have gone in every winter month and have usually walked onto every ride and have also been the only ones using the rides.

We hate crowds so we also avoid the dells in the summer. If you must go on a weekend you are pretty much stuck with crowds.

Minnesota
reviews: 290
2. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness?

We like Chula Vista but it is quite a bit smaller. It is a good choice if you plan on spending 1 night or plan on doing other activities in the Dells other than just the water park. The Chula Vista Condo is very nice, with a large hot tub in the back of the living area.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 14
3. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness?

I second Minnesota Randy. Chula Vista's waterpark does not have more packed into one space. Their waterpark is the equivalent to one section of Wilderness, and older children usually have had enough after a couple of hours. There is less walking, but if I remember correctly, the newer suites (villas?) are farthest from the waterpark. I, too, don't go during peak times so I can't comment on the crowds.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness?

Both have a lot of walking -- potentially.

5. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 03, 2014