We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Dells

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 2
One night in Dells

We are going to the Dells for one Friday night in August, to break up a very long car ride. We will arrive Friday @3pm and need to leave Saturday @6pm. 2 adults, two boys (11 and 13). Since the rest of our cheap vacation is visiting family, I'm not too worried about budget and would ideally like to stay in a 2-bedroom. I think the kids would like a waterpark, but we won't have time to explore all that a huge resort offers. We've only been to a waterpark once before (a day visit, not Dells), so they will be easily impressed! :) If we check out of our room on Saturday, but continue swimming, will we be able to shower and change? We have a 3-hour drive afterwards.

I'd love any advice from those who have been to the Dells!

Mequon, Wisconsin
reviews: 7
11. Re: One night in Dells

Check Ebay for the Wilderness Glacier Canyon thru the Wyndham for 1 night otherwise check the regular Wilderness site for Glacier Canyon. They have 1 and 2 bedroom condos. Glacier Canyon has it's own outdoor waterpark too in addition to all the waterparks of the Wilderness. The Waterdome at the Wilderness is a lot of fun. Take their free shuttle boat over to The Wilderness On The Lake. Gorgeous! There is nothing that compares to the Wilderness Resort.

The Kalahari is more expensive but has their indoor waterpark all in one room. Outside is nice too. The indoor arcade/ activity area is a tourist trap. It really is a matter of preference and where to get the best deal. Have fun!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 35
12. Re: One night in Dells

You might find that there is a minimum stay at the water parks as August is still high season. If so, then you will need to find a another room and get a water park pass. There are lots of things to do in the Dells besides the water parks. Most of the motels also have swimming pools for a quick dip on Saturday before you leave. The Dells has theme parks with go carts, rides and games.

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 2
13. Re: One night in Dells

Good point about the minimum stay. Luckily, it seems that even the more "average" hotels will still be quite a treat! :) Reading the forum has been very helpful. Thanks!

Wisconsin Dells
reviews: 16
14. Re: One night in Dells

I would echo that Noah's Ark is by far the best waterpark in the Dells. I would save some money and stay at a smaller resort and go to Noah's. Just as a note, Noah's Ark no longer opens at 9. The entire park opens at 10. Another note is that starting this year preferred parking in the front of the park is $10, and the rest of the parking is $5.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
15. Re: One night in Dells

thanks for the updated info. jonuwstout . Those are two unfortunate changes, the parking costs (I would definitely choose a resort to walk from in that case) and the later time. The nice part is not many came at 9 so it was a good way to start the day with less crowds even with it not all being open by 9AM. http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/park-info/ I did notice the time change on the website. I couldn't find the parking change on the website but perhaps I haven't perused it long enough to find out where they stuck that info. if it in fact has changed.

Wisconsin Dells
reviews: 16
16. Re: One night in Dells

the parking charge is listed on the main page in the 2nd paragraph at the bottom of the page.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
17. Re: One night in Dells

Not a shock about the parking charge. Once Mt. Olympus started it, it was only a matter of time. It's the Dells -- another nickel here, dime there. Always said they will charge for air once they figure out a way to collect.

18. Re: One night in Dells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014