We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circus World Museum facing a crisis

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
Circus World Museum facing a crisis

The Governor's Budget for 2013 would take away local operation of Circus World Museum in Baraboo and give control to the State Historical Society. Donors have said if that happens -- they are outta there.

If you live in Wisconsin and care about Circus World, contact the Gov and your elected reps and tell them the future of CW is withe the current Foundation and circus lovers.

Gov budget goes into effect on July 1 -- current staff could be gone by Aug 1 -- along with anything "on loan" to the museum.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
11. Re: Circus World Museum facing a crisis

The historical society already has full control -- to the best of my knowledge -- of their other sites like Old World Wisconsin. They have been in partnership with the CW Foundation and actually own the land in Baraboo. They just have not controlled the operation or the finances.

blaine,minnesota
12. Re: Circus World Museum facing a crisis

I have never had anything but wonderful interactions with the workers at circus world when I have gone, sorry to hear that someone has. Would be a shame if any of the loan items were to be pulled as they are a great part of the history of the circus that not everyone gets to see.

13. Re: Circus World Museum facing a crisis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 22, 2014