We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo Grove...
reviews: 14
Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

Hi everyone!

I am travelling to the Dells this summer with my mom, sister (20) and daughter (3). Two years ago we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge and I didn't care for it too much. It was kind of gross and old and made me depressed.

This year I am leaning towards the Wilderness. Can anyone tell me (since it is so spread out) which park is actually attached to the hotel and whether it's good for little ones. Also, how are the rooms? Dining options (bkfst and lunch)? And, most importantly, how is the outdoor pool? My mom will want to be outside the entire time and I want to make sure it is nice.

Thanks all!

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
21. Re: Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

No, no reason why we did not go to Great Wolf.

chicago
reviews: 19
22. Re: Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

ok, just curious, people on here seem to say its good for younger kids but im wondering if we will be disappointed after going to wilderness and kalahari

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
23. Re: Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

Part of the problem with these reviews -- IMHO -- is that all too often even within the resort there are much better, newer, fresher rooms. Maybe the person who says their room was "tired" was the last guest to have that room before it was repainted, carpeted, etc The rooms can't all be freshly painted and have the carpet shampooed every morning because the outgoing guest wants to have the room until noon and the guest coming in wants in at 11 am.

Plus, each of these resorts has "original" (I prefer that to "older" since I feel "original" myself often) rooms, plus wings or buildings that were added years later, I sometimes think we are comparing apples to oranges even on one property with basic rooms, suites and really expensive suites -- Kalahari has several room grades for example -- and the higher levels get the nicer "stuff".

Edited: 3:24 pm, February 22, 2013
Buffalo Grove...
reviews: 14
24. Re: Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Also, I would like to emphasize that we are posting questions in a forum, and should feel free to word our comments or concerns however we like. When posting an actual review, I, for one, am very careful and fair about what I say as I realize how much negative reviews on TA can hurt a business nowadays.

25. Re: Summertime, Wisconsin Dells, 3 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 24, 2014