We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything new for 2013?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Anything new for 2013?

Hey all,

We're planning to do our yearly trip to the Dells and wondered if there was anything new in store for us this year.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Anything new for 2013?

There is supposedly going to be a Lumberjack Show in the spot next to Paul Bunyan's that used to be mini-golf.

Mt. Olympus is building a new roller coaster.

That's what I can think of so far.

Wisconsin Dells
reviews: 15
2. Re: Anything new for 2013?

mt. olympus is taking a section of track out of it's hades roller coaster and they are putting in a loop. Noah's Ark hasn't made any announcement yet in regards to new rides.

Kalahari Amusement Park is apparently adding lazer tag, a 5D movie theatre, and a Nascar simulator. If you are a shopper at all, Tanger Outlet Mall is adding 3 new stores.

That is all I have heard so far for this summer. The information about Kalahari is from a theme park rumors site on the web. I'm not sure if it is accurate or not.

3rd Chaise to the...
3. Re: Anything new for 2013?

I was just at the Kalahari Indoor Park... after my earlier post. They have moved that dry kiddie play stuff to the game room area by the indoor waterpark and added several high-tech attractions as well as kiddie bumper boats and a kiddie ropes course to the indoor theme park. Those attractions are all up and running. Nice thing is that most of the new stuff seems to included with the wristband.

3rd Chaise to the...
4. Re: Anything new for 2013?

Almost forgot.... New bar / restaurant at Pedro's site is supposed to open later in February. Supposed to be a Texas BBQ type theme..More on that after I visit...

Wisconsin Dells
5. Re: Anything new for 2013?

We will be releasing the full run-down on What's New for 203 very soon but here are some that I can share:

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park will be updating Hades roller coaster into a 360 degree ride. You will now go head over heels and then underground and it is being billed as the world's first upside-down wooden roller coaster.

Kalahari Resort Waterparks - in December they opened a 1,000 square foot indoor/outdoor hot tub that includes a swim-up bar, the first of its kind in the state. The theme park has a new stock car simulator ride and interactive adventures including a 5-D Dark Ride theater and laser maze. In addition, Sky Tykes, a ropes course just for toddlers has been added.

Timbavati Wildlife Park - is moving in to its new digs with larger displays and up-close encounters with giraffe, zebra, kangaroo, ostrich, leopard and more.

Rick Wilcox Magic Theater is featuring two new killer illusions - one in which he cuts his wife into nine pieces using a Steampunk-inspired contraption created by Wilcox and the first of its kind in the world. In addition, Wilcox will take a willing volunteer out of the audience and make them disappear.

The former Pedro's Restaurante has been updated with a new concept called C.C. Alamo Smokehouse. Rumor has it, they will be smoking menu items daily right on-site.

Keep watching for a full-release of all that is new in the area!

6. Re: Anything new for 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014