We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP- first-timer

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Imperial, Missouri
reviews: 3
HELP- first-timer

My husband and I would like to take our 11 y.o. dtr and 15 y.o. son to the Dells for a 3 day mini-vacation. What do you recommend as far as place to stay? We would like to be somewhere where water park admission is included in room price if possible. Not wanting to spend more than $800 for the 3 days (aside from food) as we are spending a week in California in August. Any comments will help!

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 17
1. Re: HELP- first-timer

Kalahari or Wilderness

Minnesota
reviews: 266
2. Re: HELP- first-timer

The price will depend on week/ weekend, time of year and style of room. I'm assuming that the $800 includes the tax. $800 will not be a problem during the week at the Wilderness. You should also get by at the Kalahari. Weekends are more expensive and we will typically spend more than that. The Wilderness will give you the most bang for the buck.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 46
3. Re: HELP- first-timer

Search for glacier canyon on ebay. It is the wydham timeshare propertys that are connected to the wilderness. The place is huge and lots to do. We most recently stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe room with ten family members the weekend before christmas for $389 that was total price thur-sunday to give you an example. I know price get highier during this mid winter hump and in summer when the outdoor parks are open but its worth checking into. We always love it. Huge arcade, and three indoor waterparks plenty to do

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
4. Re: HELP- first-timer

my best recommendation is enjoy a day of Noah's Ark and stay at a smaller motel/resort. You can't beat Noah's Ark and the resorts can't compare to it either. Then enjoy the Original Wisconsin Ducks and some other area fun. It can easily be done on a budget. We stay for $99 or under per night. The best time to go is early in the week before the weekend, it'll still be busy but much less busy than a weekend would be.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
5. Re: HELP- first-timer

Just for some added perspective...

All of the outdoor waterparks close at dusk. That leaves a lot of evening. Indoor parks at Wilderness or Kalahari are open until 10 pm or later and then there are other options on site to keep the kids entertained until bedtime.

If you stay at a smaller hotel and want something to do after Noah's closes, you could look at going to the drive-in movie one night, going to the downtown dells or going to a magic show. There is also supposed to be a new lumberjack show opening next to Paul Bunyan's restaurant.

Imperial, Missouri
reviews: 3
6. Re: HELP- first-timer

Thank you everyone for your input. It looks like we will go with the Wilderness and stay in a 2 bdrm unit at Glacier Canyon. The kids have never been to a drive-in so that might be fun!

7. Re: HELP- first-timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2014