We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay with small children

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bettendorf
Best place to stay with small children

My husband and I will be traveling to the Dells in March for a couple nights. We will be taking our 4 year old and our 21 month old daughters. What is the best hotel/indoor water park to stay at? We are looking for age appropriate activities in the indoor waterpark. Thanks for your help!

Iowa
reviews: 332
1. Re: Best place to stay with small children

Great Wolf Lodge would be a good choice. Cute themeing, and they have a few "toddler only" sections including a small waterslide or two. Everything is also really close together, so it cuts down on having to walk a lot with little ones on tow. And they have a clock show in the lobby every evening that's geared towards young children.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 101
2. Re: Best place to stay with small children

Great Wolf is great for ages 10 and under so I second the poster's recommendation above.

Chicago, Il
reviews: 39
3. Re: Best place to stay with small children

I third the motion. Great Wolf has nice facilities although it can get pricey.

Another option would be Chula Vista. They have good deals on condos where you'd have plenty of space to spread out, plus kids could nap in a separate bedroom. Very lux setup. Underground passage to the waterpark with plenty for their ages, all in one big room so no worries about getting lost. GW does have multiple waterpark rooms, something we didn't care for.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 184
4. Re: Best place to stay with small children

Great Wolf Lodge, without hesitation. You'll find plenty of hotels, motels, resorts, B&B's, and campgrounds....but none hold a candle to Great Wolf Lodge. Call the Lodge direct, they often offer discounts not posted on line. Military, city employee (doesn't matter what city), package deals, etc. are often not posted but offered when you call direct.

Minnesota
reviews: 330
5. Re: Best place to stay with small children

I agree that for the age of your children Great Wolf is a good option. As the kids get older there are better hotel options. The Polynesian or Mnt Olympus are good if you are looking for less expensive options for the ages of your children. Mnt Olympus has an indoor theme park with some nice kiddie rides.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Best place to stay with small children

If price is not an issue, Great Wolf would be my choice. If you would like to spends less money, Polynesian.

IMHO Mt Olympus is too spread out.

Edited: 12:36 pm, February 07, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
7. Re: Best place to stay with small children

Great Wolf for sure. My kids love it there and can't wait to go back. I enjoyed it too.

8. Re: Best place to stay with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 11, 2014