We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden birthday for 7 year old

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mn
reviews: 2
Golden birthday for 7 year old

We are planning a trip this summer for my daughters birthday and are wondering if anyone knows if there is a slower time for less crowds during the summer. And if there is enough stuff to do for 6 days. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wisconsin
reviews: 14
1. Re: Golden birthday for 7 year old

June is the slower month. As it gets closer to July 4th the Dells really picks up. Then it slows down again about the middle of August. Six days might be too much if you are a family that tends to pack a lot into a day. If you want to take a day at Noah's Ark (or are staying at a waterpark and want to spend a couple days there), a day on the boats and/or ducks, a day just walking around, a day playing at a lake, a day playing mini golf and riding go carts, or time visiting some of the nearby communities, then you could stretch it out. However, many familes go non-stop from morning to night and then 6 days is too long.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
2. Re: Golden birthday for 7 year old

I think you could do six days if you seek out surrounding area activities in Baraboo (Circus World, International Crane Foundation, Devil's Lake State Park, etc.) and Spring Green (House on the Rock), maybe even take a day exploring Madison. Three days should be plenty of Dells action. Unless you do some things suggested above to stretch it out. It's certainly doable either way depending on your preferences. Generally we do one to two days in the Dells and pack it in--one day at Noah's, and another doing the other things in the area.

There's a lot of neat places in Wisconsin if you're up for exploring too.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Golden birthday for 7 year old

Sunday afternoons, Mondays and Tuesdays are usually the slowest times in the Dells during the summer months, but that changes based on proximity to July 4th as well. Before Father's Day and after August 15th are noticeably slower.

I think six days "in" the Dells is too long, but as the other posters have mentioned there are a lot of things to do within 90 minutes from the Dells if you want to base there. (If you are like me, you don't want to change hotels four times in a week.)

chicago
reviews: 19
4. Re: Golden birthday for 7 year old

I could definitely do six days, waterparks, amusement parks, go carts, mini golf, ducks, tommy Bartlett, dear park

5. Re: Golden birthday for 7 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 19, 2014