We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

We want to take my son ( just turned 4) to either Kalahari or Great wolf lodge. Which is better for his age? I noticed that Kalahari may have a larger toddler area... but also read water is cold. I' m not concerned about price, can get a deal where they cost the same. He's not into the big water play structures with dumping buckets. Any opinions about which one they prefer?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

I think overall since Great Wolf is geared towards 10 and under you'll find more overall for that age. That's not to say Kalahari wouldn't be equally fun but given the age there is certainly plenty directed specifically to that age group at Great Wolf (even other activities beyond water as well). I find it helpful to peruse the pictures of the indoor waterparks to get the overview on each waterpark that way too, the visual side of it I find helpful. Hopefully someone that's been to both will weigh in with some better insight for you. Best wishes deciding!

Edited: 6:02 pm, January 06, 2013
chicago
reviews: 19
2. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

Fyi wolf is on groupon

Going to wilderness with a four year old this week

Iowa
reviews: 327
3. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

We haven't stayed at Kalahari yet (plan to this summer), but we stayed at Great Wolf two years ago and really liked it. Definitely geared towards younger kids: a few toddler/preschool only areas in the waterparks, including a small waterslide or two. The wave pool also wasn't as violent as others we've been in (such as the one at The Wilderness--really fun, but hang on to small children;-).

Great Wolf also has a neat Glockenspiel in the lobby that does a little show in the evening, and than a character comes out afterwards for a meet and greet. Everything is close together in the resort, so not much walking between areas.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

Kalahari did a remodel on their indoor kid area about a year ago. In my mind, Kalahari works best if you have a family with kids of different ages so each can be active. For just one four-year-old, I think Great Wolf is probably a better choice.

Kalahari and Wilderness are kind of overwhelming.

chicago
reviews: 19
5. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

My daughter really liked the small waterpark at wilderness on the lake, its just for small kids, quiet and warm water

She also liked the wave pool at wilderness but thats it

The tube slides are pitch black, not her cup of tea

The lazy river is lame, she doesn't like that bucket either

Shes 3.5

6. Re: Kalahari vs Great wolf lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 10, 2014