We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wilderness waterpark

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 18
wilderness waterpark

If staying in the wilderness hotel how far of a walk is it to each waterpark? Do we have to leave the hotel and go outside to a shuttle to get to any of the waterparks?

Also there are 12 different kinds of rooms available for $99 on my dates, which one is best?

Any other tips for sraying here?

chicago
1. Re: wilderness waterpark

Double suite wetbar, double king sofa or double suite?

Ground or second floor? Pool or wooded canyon view?

Im thinking double suite wetbar with canyon view

Edited: 6:50 am, January 05, 2013
chicago
2. Re: wilderness waterpark

Wild west is closed while we are there

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: wilderness waterpark

Depending on which building you are in, you will either need to walk outside or catch a shuttle to some of the waterparks. They are NOT all connected by enclosed walkways.

Not really sure about their room types. They should have floor plans on the website.

Manhattan, Kansas
reviews: 9
4. Re: wilderness waterpark

We just got home this week from there. All but one of the indoor parks was connected by a walkway. We stayed @ Glacier Canyon and the walk is long but manageable. If it were warm out we likely would drive from our room to the entrance closest to the park that we were going to, but I would rather walk indoors than brave the cold in a swimsuit to get to the car.

Wisconsin
reviews: 117
5. Re: wilderness waterpark

Unless there is construction going on, ALL waterparks have indoor access. 2 are closer to each other and the third is at the other end of the resort, but is next to the arcade and dry play area.

If coming with small kids I would bring a stroller to help get from room to the waterparks. Once our kids got 4 we no longer took a stroller but with younger kids I would highly recommend it.

I always request the top floor. It can get noisy with people running around to/from waterparks.

If crowds bother you, avoid Friday/Saturday. When we go we go on a Thursday we always have had great luck with low crowd levels. If not a worry, then disregard.

As for rooms, we usually stay at glacier canyon or choose a room with a sofabed since we are a family of 5. Never paid much attention to the views since we are there for the waterparks.

Have fun! Any other questions please just ask.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: wilderness waterpark

Casey,

I understand that all of the waterparks have indoor access, but not all of the buildings in the Wilderness complex are connected, so to get to the "central" building from your room you may need to go outside depending on which unit you are in. Right? Just want to make sure I'm not incorrect on this.

Thanks!

chicago
7. Re: wilderness waterpark

If you are staying at the hotel you have indoor access to three parks, we had to take a shuttle to wilderness on the lake to go to their small waterpark for little kids

Wild west is closed and we got a room thats the second closest to Klondike and thats connected to the dome

Check in also said third floor is best :)

chicago
8. Re: wilderness waterpark

Wilderness

Edited: 1:24 am, January 08, 2013
Wisconsin
reviews: 117
9. Re: wilderness waterpark

Elveric-

All of the wilderness hotel rooms as well as glacier canyon lodge are connected and there is no need to go outside. Obviously if you stay in a detached cabin they aren't. Wilderness on the lake is a separate hotel which you would need to drive/shuttle there. We have never been to that waterpark so I cannot comment on that too much. It seemed geared toward small children.

As big as the wilderness resort is you can get to everything through indoor walkways.

Minnesota
reviews: 330
10. Re: wilderness waterpark

As the Wilderness is very large, you can use the shuttle from any of the entrances to any of the waterparks. You don't have to stay at Wilderness on the Lake to utilize the shuttle. You could also shuttle to the on-site restaurants. However, sometimes it is still faster to walk. The longest walk we have had has been 15 minutes. (All inside)