We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming up for a Senior Trip

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois, United...
reviews: 2
Coming up for a Senior Trip

I'm bringing a group of HS seniors (30) up for a few nights the last full weekend in April, 2013.

On our agenda for certain: ducks, HOTR, and a bunch of local restaurants.

What resort would you suggest is best for 17-18 yr olds? What about additional attractions?

Wisconsin
reviews: 11
1. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

It would be a lot easier to keep tabs on that many seniors at Kalahari. They also have the surfing feature (not sure anyone else has that). I wouldn't choose the Wilderness because it has several different areas and you could lose people easily.

Depending on the weather, the ducks may or may not be running. An upper Dells boat tour is nice. Again, weather dependent. The HH Bennett museum might be interesting if they like history - it shows through photographs how the area first attracted tourists because of the scenery in the late 1800's. Mini golf may be open - again depending on weather - so you could have some golf tourneys :) The Rick Wilcox Magic Show gets fairly decent reviews (haven't been there). It might sound corny, but the Deer Park is kind of cool and if you have city kids they might get a kick out of being up close and feeding the deer.

The end of April might be early by a week or two, but understandable that you want to come then because of all the frenzy the seniors will have in May.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
2. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

I agree about the deer park. It's not just a treat for the kids. H.H. Bennett is a good suggestion. We haven't been yet but it sounds neat.

I would agree too with the Kalahari suggestion.

As far as local restaurants with the group: Pizza Pub is fantastic for pizza and salad bar. Paul Bunyan's is great but it may not be open that early for the season. Mr. Pancake is also nice.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

I will second the previous suggestions. Kalahari is also more tolerant of groups of high school kids than Wilderness. Pizza Pub handles groups well.

Maybe Ripley's Believe It or Not, Wizard Quest and the 4D movies downtown?

You will be hit and miss on outdoor options based on the weather.

Illinois, United...
4. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

Thanks for the replies so far!

Kalahari looks great, my personal top choice...Mt. Olympus has more freebies included, but am I correct in seeing that as more kid/pre-teen focused?

I'm not too worried about keeping tabs on them in the resort...I've taken this group all over the place and they're drama-free.

Rick Wilcox doesn't have a show listed that weekend...bummer...his site looks great!

Illinois, United...
5. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

Oh, and these are country kids...they might take a shot at something in the deer park... :-)

Wisconsin
reviews: 11
6. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

Whatever you are doing with the kids that you don't have problems with them, you should bottle it and sell it :)

There is also ziplining if the weather cooperates. Circus World in Baraboo could be interesting. And there's always hiking the bluffs at Devil's Lake State Park near Baraboo. There is another magic show - Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions. He used to be part of the Chula Vista resort but moved into his own location near the bridge in downtown Dells. There may be some reviews on Trip Advisor.

WI
Destination Expert
7. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

I will throw in their a rarely suggested but good option and that's Chula Vista Resort:

chulavistaresort.com/water-parks/…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60403-d101119-…

Based on what I've seen and heard over the years I'm more drawn to this location as well as Kalahari. Kalahari may be your top teen choice but Chula Vista does offer some good stuff and other reviews point to it being good for teens, too.

3rd Chaise to the...
8. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

I would pick Kalahari over Chula Vista simply because there are so many more possible activities on site. Chula works for teens it they are attending an event -- but for a few nights with nothing in particular scheduled, Chula gets old pretty quick. Kalahari has the indoor theme park and the movie theaters in addition to the indoor waterpark.

WI
Destination Expert
9. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

Again Kalahari may be your top teen choice and my top recommend (see above in thread) but Chula Vista is still a good secondary option I felt worth mentioning. It's nice to have more than one option when looking.

Edited: 1:16 pm, December 06, 2012
3rd Chaise to the...
10. Re: Coming up for a Senior Trip

I agree.