We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good places to do sledding?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Katsue
reviews: 16
Any good places to do sledding?

We will stay couple days at Kalahari at Dells in Dec and will ski one day and maybe do tubing/sledding on other day. My 2.5 years old boy may be too small to to snow tubing at Cascade Mountain and I think he maybe safer to do sledding.

Can anyone suggest good places to do sledding there??

Thanks a lot

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

Not sure of any good public sledding spots in / near the Dells. Cascade may have options for you.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
2. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

Christmas Mtn. Village was listed for sledding, check their website or call for details to see about availability on that.

Baraboo, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
3. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

If you were bringing your own sleds, Devil's Lake State Park has a nice little hill at the SE corner of the Quartzite campground.

Katsue
4. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

Christmas Mtn Village is about 18 mins from Kalahari and Devil's Lake State Park is on the way home. I will definitely consider these two places. Thanks for your all advices.

Iowa
reviews: 354
5. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

Depending on how early in December you're coming, there may not be any snow on the ground yet to sled on. We live about 3 hours from the Dells, and have no snow yet...and had none even at Christmas time last year.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

FYI - Cascade Mt is making snow and HOPES to open by Dec 1. Still a lot of brown when you zip by on the I.

Katsue
7. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

We will go to Dells on 12/23.

I checked Cascade Mt website and they don't have age requirement for snow tubing. However, they don't have double tube. I don't know if my son, 2 years old, can securely sit inside the tube by himself and the tubes seem small to sit inside from the pic on their website...

I am thinking to bring our own sleds to do sledding in public area around dells.

I also just found out the Christmas Mtn Village has height requirement and my son doesn't meet. I think I need do more research.

Thanks for your all inputs.

Edited: 8:44 pm, November 26, 2012
Chicago
reviews: 1
8. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

I think I found the location you're referring to on Google Maps... looks like you just drive into the camper/parking area and there's a small road right next to the hill?

Baraboo, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
9. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

cjules, that's correct. Drive through the campground, and at the se corner there's a road (not plowed in winter) that goes up to the nature center and the lake. The hill is to the side of that road.

Wisconsin Dells
10. Re: Any good places to do sledding?

Another sledding option, located Downtown Wisconsin Dells, is Bowman Park. There are a few hills to choose from based on the age and adventure level.

Have fun!