We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best indoor waterpark

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
best indoor waterpark

Hi we want to take our 10 yr old grandson to the Dells for his Christmas present this year. (we will go in January). Can you tell us the best biggest indoor park? We have never been to the Dells.

12 replies to this topic
Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 18
1. Re: best indoor waterpark

Either the Kalahari, which has one huge waterpark, or the WIlderness, which has three very big waterparks.

reviews: 6
2. Re: best indoor waterpark

thanks Rick, does the Wilderness had a better indoor park?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
3. Re: best indoor waterpark

this recent thread talks about some differences. They basically both rate well, it's all in your preferences of what they offer, layout, etc. Check the websites for pictures and more to help determine the best fit for you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60403-i115-k58730…

Lyndon Station...
4. Re: best indoor waterpark

try mt olympus

McFarland, Wisconsin
5. Re: best indoor waterpark

I like Chula Vistas waterpark

Minnesota
reviews: 308
6. Re: best indoor waterpark

Kalahari is our favorite but also the most expensive. We tend to go the Wilderness most frequently because it has good rides along with a good price. I wouldn't say it is better than the Kalahari, just different. The Kalahari has the Flow Rider which is like riding the waves on a boogie board. Wilderness is larger than Kalahari but it is a long walk to each park. Chula Vista is a nice choice but not as large as Kalahari and Wilderness. I would not recommend Mnt. Olympus over the other options.

Frozen Tundra
7. Re: best indoor waterpark

Wilderness is our favorite for indoor and we have been to them all several times as we live 45 minutes away. Good price and lots to do. It is spread out but they do have shuttles. Kalahari is nice but is quite a bit more. I agee with the above post.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 273
8. Re: best indoor waterpark

I enjoyed the Wilderness' indoor water park with my friends last spring but I have nothing to compare it to since that's the only indoor water park I've been to at the Dells.

Wisconsin
reviews: 42
9. Re: best indoor waterpark

I've been to three and here is my personal order of preference (We haven't been to Mt. Olympus):

1) Wilderness

2) Chula Vista

3) Kalahari

However, given the right deal I would happily choose any of the three :) However it's usually easier to find deals for Wilderness or Chula Vista.

We've only taken my niece and nephew (who are about your grandson's age) to the Wilderness, and they love it.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
10. Re: best indoor waterpark

My kids love Chula Vista! Plus they always have great deals!

Reply to: best indoor waterpark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted