We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Hi - my sister and I (mid 40s) will be passing through the Wisconsin Dells on the way to Minnesota next week. We will be arriving around 3:00 and leaving the next morning.

Which indoor water park/resort do you suggest for a fun time of hot tubs, lazy river, water slides, etc. Most of the resorts have great rates going on for a mid-week stay.

If we stayed at the Wilderness, which pool area would be your top choice? While we want to have fun I don't want to spend all my time walking the "concrete jungle" to get to the next attraction. We want to enjoy, but also relax.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

my understanding is The Wilderness has more walking and that Kalahari is more consolidated. Those seem to be the top two of the big ones in the Dells.

The websites break down description wise what comprises their various indoor waterparks.

There was once an article I found that broke it down well too. If I find the link I'll post it.

Edited: 1:19 pm, November 01, 2012
Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 17
2. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

You can't go wrong with either one. WIlderness has three large indoor waterparks, and Kalahari has one really big one. In either place, you will likely walk a ways thru hotel corridors to get to the waterparks from your room.

Wisconsin
reviews: 42
3. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Ditto what the previous posters said.

I do personally prefer the WIlderness. We spend most of our time at the Klondike Kavern part of the WIlderness- the big indoor wavepool is close in the next building.

However, in the off season the Wilderness may close certain waterpark areas on certain days. SInce you are going for only one night, you may want to call them and ask if they are doing that right now.

Wisconsin
reviews: 42
4. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Actually found this online. KK is klondike kavern. WW is wild-west.

wildernessresort.com/files/…Nov-INDOOR.pdf

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
5. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Wilderness is more likely to close waterpark areas without notice based on the crowd. That typically doesn't happen at Kalahari as everything is under one roof.

You may find that certain slides are closed at either resort this time of year.

Michigan
6. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Thanks for all the help! We are staying at the Wilderness - the Wild West part will be closed the day we are there but the Dome (ahhh sunshine!) and Klondike (ahhh hot tub and lazy river) will be open.

I'm taking my big fluffy robe and am ready to hike to my water parks. Thanks again for all the advice.

reviews: 14
7. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Kalahari is a great place. Good food nearby or in the hotel.

8. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Quick question - is waterpark admission included when you book a room at both of these resorts?

9. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

Quick question - is waterpark admission included when you book a room at both of these resorts?

reviews: 14
10. Re: Indoor waterpark for 2 adults - one night

In some cases yes, when I went I was given a pass for each of my guests but I had to register them all.

Not sure about now.

Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells