We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 92
Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

I saw that there is a chili cookoff in the Dells this weekend. I have never been to this event. Has anyone gone to this before? There will be two couples in their late 40's attending. None of us have children and would prefer to stay away from a kids fest. I didn't know if this was focused more on the children of this would be entertaining for adults as well.

Can anyone provide some feedback?

http://www.dellschili.com/

Marshfield...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

I also would like to know a bit about the chili cookoff. We are traveling to the Dells this weekend and are interested in attending. Not only are we excited to taste different chilis, but our boys are too!

Does anyone know how many people usually attend and participate in the cook off? Is there an entrance fee for spectators?

Marshfield...
2. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

I got a response from the email I sent to the coordinators with the questions I had (to which she answered very promptly). I hope some of your questions are answered by this as well. This is the reply I got:

Hi Leah,

We always look forward to new people visiting the chili cookoff.

There are currently 22 cookoff teams registered with a possibility of a couple more registering the morning of the cookoff. There is a large crowd of spectators. Last year we estimated over 2,000 people attended. While there is no entry fee to the grounds, tasting cups are 4 for $2. Fresh sample cups are to be used to sample each chili. (We are raising money for charity.). Your children are always welcome too. This is a family event and there are activities for everyone. Be warned though that some of the chili can be pretty spicy.

Thank You,

Tracy

mrshofy@gmail.com

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 92
3. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

Ellen Marie,

Thanks so much for the information! I think we might stop by. Enjoy your weekend.

Marshfield...
4. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

You too! It's going to be chilly, but it's nothing a hat and some cocoa can't cure ;-)

Kaukauna, Wisconsin
reviews: 35
5. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

Where in the dells is it being held??

6. Re: Chili Cookoff 10/6/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 15, 2013