We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dells in November?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Normal
reviews: 1
Dells in November?

Planning a trip in early November with the 2 grandparents and 2 children ages 2 and 4 years. I think that we're leaning towards Wilderness but unsure about which part to stay in?

Ideally we would be closest to the younger kids section, but in a 2 or 3 bedroom place.

Any suggestions?

Last time we went to the Dells it was very off season and we did not have kids. Had a great time at Mt Olympus. Any idea how it would be in November?

Thank you so much!

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Dells in November?

Dells in November -- with the exception of the weekends before and after Thanksgiving -- is very quiet.

Expect the indoor waterparks to be on limited operating schedules -- especially at the Wilderness where there are so many different areas. You are more likely to find Kalahari's indoor park in more full operation as everything is in one place.

Normal
2. Re: Dells in November?

That's great, thanks for the advice. Pricing appears to be a bit better for Kalahari as well. I will continue to look into it.

Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3. Re: Dells in November?

Personally I wouldn't stay at Mt. Olympus especially in winter, it's small indoor area compared to Kalahari and Wilderness Resort

Normal
4. Re: Dells in November?

Thanks for the help.

Until I started to plan this trip I really had no idea the vastness of the area. Like i said, it has been at least a decade since I was in the Dells and we kind of just stumbled onto things. DId not go to any of the resorts or know about Mt Olympus, etc. We saw it on the side of the road, stopped by and when we got to the gate it was too expensive. On the way back to the car these two kids, like 16 years old or something, just walked up to us and gave us 2 tickets to the park. It was great. I don't know if they had a hotel associated with them at the time but seeing now they do, and I agree with what you're saying. There really just does not seem like anything to do in the "cold months."

Thanks again!

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 11
5. Re: Dells in November?

I've done Wildnerness in February twice and enjoyed staying at the Glacier Lodge condos at Wilderness -- you need to rent them from private owners. We've rented from Lise Bohm on ebay twice with great luck. Upside is you get a great condo with a full kitchen. Downside is a longer walk to the parks -- just bring a stroller, or you can take a shuttle if you'd like. We never did and our kids were 8, 5, and 1. Glacier Lodge is usuall $200/night or less for a 3BR during the offseason.

Kalahari is beautiful and you'll like it.

Also consider Great Wolf Lodge - might be just the thing.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Dells in November?

A warning about Great Wolf in the off-season. In the past, they have literally closed the entire property one day a week to cut expenses.

7. Re: Dells in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 26, 2013