We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 1
Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

I'm debating between Kalahari and the Wilderness for a family visit to the Dells in Jaunary. We have a total of 9 family members coming (two kids ages 2 & 4), the rest adults. We not only want nice indoor waterpark activities but nice accomodations where we can cook our own meals together. For the Wilderness, I'm looking at the 4 bedroom Cabin or the 5 bedroom Media Cabin. I haven't been able to find ANY reviews of the cabins at the Wilderness after hours of searching the web. For Kalahari we'd be looking at one of the Entertainment Villas. Any suggestions on which resort & accomodations are nicer? Price is not an issue & we would prefer very nice accomodations.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

The nice thing about Kalahari in the winter is that you can do it all without going outside. Everything is connected. Yes, can be a long walk, but you are not getting in and out of coats, boots, etc and worrying about where to put them.

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 11
2. Re: Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

The last two years we've rented a condo at Glacier Canyon Lodge at Wilderness (look on ebay and I highly recommend Lise Bohm). It's significantly less expensive, includes admission to the waterparks, and gives you a full condo with a beautiful kitchen. We have three kids (9, 6, 2) and found the walks to be fine with a stroller. We never took a shuttle bus, just used the walkways.

I'd either consider Glacier Canyon or the Kalahari. Know that the condos in Sands are a long walk to the parks as well.

Minnesota
reviews: 360
3. Re: Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

We too rent the Glacier Canyon condos off of Ebay and have had great success. I love Kalahari's water park variety. The Flow rider and drop slide are great. However, I prefer the actual condos at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon better than Kalahari's. Kalahari tends to be pricier. Glacier Canyon is modern and spacious but can be a very long walk to the water park. (last time we had an end room and it took us almost 20 minutes to walk to nearest waterpark)

Granville IL
reviews: 21
4. Re: Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

I am interested in checking out the rentals on eBay as you suggested but am not familiar with renting property thru eBay. How do I locate this person that you are recommending? Thanks!

5. Re: Kalahari vs. Wilderness for January visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 04, 2013