We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dells in September

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 17
The Dells in September

My family was looking at going to the Dells for a few days in August, however while I was checking rates I looked ahead at September and noticed the same rooms for about $80 less right after Labor Day. (I was looking at going sept 5th - 8th.) Will there be a significant difference in weather/things to do between then and mid-august?

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
1. Re: The Dells in September

Outdoor waterparks generally close after Labor Day, so depending on if that's important, you would need to verify with the particular facility. Generally everything else is still running but maybe with a cut in hours.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
2. Re: The Dells in September

As noted above the outdoor waterparks -- including Noah's Ark and most resorts -- close Labor Day. Mt. Olympus did keep a few outdoor water things open for a few days last year if I remember correctly, but generally goes to a dry activity (roller coasters, go-carts) schedule that can vary based on weather and staff. Ducks, boats, mini-golf etc still run with reduced hours.

Depending on the ages of your kids -- it might be worth it to go in August. By mid-August crowds are down but the weather is some of the best. I would say if you have kids under 10, you could be happy in September, but if your kids are older I would try August.

There are still events in September -- Wo Zha Wa is the biggest.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
3. Re: The Dells in September

there is certainly a huge lodging price diff. between Aug. and sept. however late August you might find rates reducing even then, depending on the motel/resort. The smaller motels vs. resorts automatically come with a significantly lower price tag, unless you're solely interested in the bigger resorts (?). That's some food for thought too. Due to the switch in amt. of things open I think August is better. If you're traveling without kids it's different too. There's still things to do but summer is the prime time for options.

4. Re: The Dells in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 08, 2013