We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Olympus

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton
Mt. Olympus

We are looking at going to Mt. Olympus, but wanting to stay at a cheaper hotel/motel. We have the season opener cards and it looks like there is discounts on lodging. I know that Mt. Olympus charges to park, so I'm wondering what hotels are the closest to walk to Mt. Olympus. Paradise Motel states they are across the street, but that is not a street you can just run across, so how long is the walk to get to an intersection and get there? TIA

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 93
1. Re: Mt. Olympus

Bonanza Dr. is the closest "T" intesection not a 4 way close by (with Mt. Olympus opposite it) so there should be a crosswalk there. That appears to be approx. 2 blocks down, so not too far (using Google Earth). Yes Paradise Motel is directly across the street and yes you can't just usually run across it but Bonanza Dr. is close and an option to get across it.

Edited: 11:31 pm, June 22, 2012
3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Mt. Olympus

You will have a long walk to get to the gate once you get across. If you have small children, you might bite the bullet and pay the ten bucks.

Perry, Iowa
reviews: 32
3. Re: Mt. Olympus

We stayed at Paradise Motel 2 years ago when our kids were 6 and 12. We walked down the driveway, crossed the street then showed our wristbands at the indoor waterpark to enter Mt. Olympus. There were lockers right inside the door, so it was pretty handy. The walk back to the motel from Mt. Olympus was then all uphill. Our 6 year old could handle it, but needed a piggy back ride a couple of times. Also, we went during the week in July. The road was not too difficult to cross during the week. The only time we paid to park in the lot was the day we did the dry activities and rode coasters and go-carts. If the kids would have been younger, it would have been a much more difficult crossing.

Wisconsin
reviews: 23
4. Re: Mt. Olympus

If you are using the season opener cards, or any other discounts, the only place you can get your wristbands is at the gate at the far north end of the park, by the roller coasters. Even if you are only doing the waterpark only pass, you have to do the very long walk to the other end of the park. Chalk it up to their way to get you to either pay the $10 for parking and/or convince you to upgrade to the full park pass.

Also, there is no crosswalk at Bonanza Drive. I can't remember if/where there is one farther south, but to the north the only place you can really cross without running across traffic, is all the way up at the stoplight way up at Old Newport Road by the BP and Crabbys.

Edited: 12:03 pm, June 24, 2012
Perry, Iowa
reviews: 32
5. Re: Mt. Olympus

In my post, I was referring to the Mt. Olympus passes we received from Paradise Motel, not the season opener card. Sorry for any confusion.

6. Re: Mt. Olympus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, June 27, 2013