We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy day activity

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dixon, Illinois
reviews: 11
Rainy day activity

So I've been checking the weather for next week which is when I'll be coming to the dells and so far I see that Tuesday and Wednesday is calling for rain :( what are some activities we can do if it does happen to rain on these days? I really want to do the tommy Bartlett show but I don't want to sit in the rain!! I hope things change between now and then or I'll be very disapointed!! Suggestions??

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Rainy day activity

The ski show does have a covered area so you can watch in the rain, but they will shut things down if there is lightning.

This time of year rain showers typically only last an hour or so around the Dells, so things come back quickly.

If it does rain, you can shop either downtown or the Tanger mall. There are also some indoor attractions like WizardQuest and Ripley's downtown.

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
2. Re: Rainy day activity

You can do an indoor waterpark at Kalahari or Chula Vista - I don't think any of the other indoor waterparks are selling day passes but that may have changed recently. There are two magic show theaters, Jeremy Allen is the smaller one and Rick Wilson is the large one. Many of the boat tours have enclosed seating and the ducks all have overhead cover. If it isn't storming the ducks would be fine - you can get wet on the ride anyway if you sit towards the back :). Kalahari has an indoor theme park (admission fee) and there is also Knuckleheads ($ for activities). I mentioned those in case you have kids along.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
3. Re: Rainy day activity

You can do an old time photo at Old Abe's.

Tommy Bartlett Exploratory is interesting in a weird and jump back into time glimpse. It's worth it if it's raining to take in.

Some others have been mentioned above.

Dixon, Illinois
4. Re: Rainy day activity

Great thanks everyone for the ideas! It's just me and my husband we don't have kids. What about the jet boat adventure? We really want to do that and we also reserved a spot for the wilderness zipline on the 28th how does that work if it rains?

Wisconsin
5. Re: Rainy day activity

I think the jet boats run as long as it is not lightening. Don't know about the zip lines - you would have to check with them directly.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
6. Re: Rainy day activity

About a half hour south of the Dells is The Circus World Museum in Baraboo.

Pam

Chicago, IL
7. Re: Rainy day activity

Wizard QuestT!!!!!

Chicago, IL
8. Re: Rainy day activity

Oh...and The International Crane Foundation is nice and open on rainy days, but it is an outside attraction. As previously suggested..indoor water parks are fun. Tanger Outlet Mall for some shopping. Knuckle Heads, lazer tag...still lots to do!

9. Re: Rainy day activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 29, 2013