We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muskego, Wisconsin
reviews: 17
Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Hi!

I've already checked out bringfido and petfriendly and other sites like that. We're looking to go to the Dells this summer with our Great Dane. I read that the Ducks and the Big Sky Drive-In are places that allow dogs and would be fun for us. Does anybody have any other experiences of other places to go with her while there? Restaurants? Thanks!

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

The rules for the Ducks say "as long as your pet is not too large."

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Pets are -- by law -- not allowed in restaurants.

Muskego, Wisconsin
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

I know they aren't allowed in restaurants ... But there are plenty that do outdoors.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 63
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

I don't remember seeing any dogs around the tourist attractions in the Dells, probably because most visitors want to spend all day doing things like water parks and amusement rides that are not pet friendly. Given that the attractions are not pet friendly my guess is the restaurants are not used to accommodating pets either.

I can't see how dogs and ducks mix.

Muskego, Wisconsin
5. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Well thank you all for your posts about what I can't do. I guess you didn't read my question. I'm looking for dog owners to answer the question: Does anybody have any other experiences of other places to go with her while there? I'm not going to waterparks. I'm going hiking in the area and want to know if there is anything else we can do while we are already there.

Muskego, Wisconsin
6. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Apparently dogs and Ducks do mix. I emailed them and this was their response: All we require, is that the dog be leashed and well behaved. (this AFTER my second email to them asking them about size).

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
7. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Please report back and let us know how it goes.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
8. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Frankly, I would be amazed if the Ducks will allow a Great Dane. The configuration of the Ducks really isn't big dog friendly. And if they do, don't be amazed if you need to pay for a seat for her.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 63
9. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

I'm still waiting to hear from all the dog owners about the attractions in the Dells that allow dogs. I wonder why we aren't hearing from any of them?

Muskego, Wisconsin
10. Re: Wisconsin Dells attractions that allow dogs?

Probably because they want nothing to do with all of your stupid answers. The whole reason I came to this forum was because there was an entire article about dog-friendly vacations in the U.S., and WI Dells was included in the spread. I don't need anymore answers. I'm going hiking, on the ducks, and to the drive-in. You can go waste your time on other posts.