We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 4
Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

We are here on vacation but seriously having second thoughts based on the bad reviews on Facebook and here on Trip Advisor. Apparently the new owners have a lot of kinks to work out. Anyone local been this season and able to weigh in on this?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
1. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Wow, yes hopefully just kinks with opening weekend we have never gone then...a lot probably does have to do with the new owners. It would be a shame to tarnish the reputation of Noah's Ark. I sure hope it improves. I would definitely confirm whether all rides are up and running when you go to visit, or prior to it on the same day. If you go they say yes they are and they aren't they ought to refund your money. But as pricey as it is it's definitely a gamble, with no guarantees. I would check back to opening week reviews from last year and compare. Are there any similarities, is it always a bad time to go or just due to the new ownership. Definitely that would send out red flags, and I can see your hesitation. I would be concerned too.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

The California based company that bought Noah's Ark owns several huge waterparks around the country. Can't understand why they would not have been ready, but I did look at the reviews and they seem legit.

I do know that Memorial Day weekend can be tough to staff as the high schools that provide a lot of the employees from around the state are still in session and summer rentals now kick in June1.

Let's hope they get this fixed quick.

Neenah, Wisconsin
reviews: 15
3. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Holy moly.. just read thru some of the recent reviews.. I have to say, the cleaning, ride maintenance, etc, while certainly not the ideal situation, could realistically be explained with kinks related to this being early in the season under new ownership. However- one small thing that I read that truly concerns me is this- the price of a small locker has been jacked from the .50 it has been forever up to $9??!! If that it accurate, it's utter price gouging and may be enough to prevent my family and I from going this summer.

Wisconsin Dells
4. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

I have been to Noah's Ark a couple times this summer and I have gone many times over the past years. It is true that they are under new ownership, and that they had a chaotic opening weekend. Things have smoothed out now and it is back to being the same water park we all know and love.

I see a lot of the reviews are focusing on closed rides. The season started out with Scorpion's Tail being closed due to mechanical issues that have now been resolved and it was open the last time I was there. The Wave area, Jungle Rapids, and Endless River have always been closed in the early season over the past years. This hasn't changed with the new ownership. Larger, similar rides are open (Big Kahuna, Adventure River, and Slidewinders).

As far as the lockers go, it may seem like they have hiked up the charge for lockers they aren't really that expensive. ALL lockers at Noah's are now all day rentals. There are no quarter operated lockers in the park anymore. This works out great for me, because I spent a lot more money going in and out of the lockers all day. The cost of the lockers is $4 for a Small, or $6 for a large plus a $5 deposit you get back when you return the key.

Also, if you are planning on going to the park more than twice over the summer I would highly reccomend getting the season pass. They dropped the price to $69 this year. This was the option I took, and it has already paid for itself this summer.

5. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, June 12, 2012
Chicago
reviews: 67
6. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Awesome to hear they changed to "day rentals" for the lockers....hated having to strategically plan out when we would eat/reapply sunscreen/etc because of quarters!!

Also, I've never been to Noah's that early in the season so I can't comment on closed rides. If they have a certain section closed every single year until Father's Day weekend, then not sure why people are upset.

As long as they keep adventure river open and the newer wave pool, I'm fine!

Neenah, Wisconsin
7. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Much agreed. The idea of a $4 all-day locker rental with a $5 deposit (why in the world do people exaggerate and not clarify things like that??) sounds much more comfortable than $9.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
8. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

The whole Quarters issue was a big hassle. Glad to see it gone.

Tomah, Wisconsin
reviews: 32
9. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

Went to Noah's Ark for the first time last week. Never been before, so nothing to compare to prior years, opening weekend, etc...

We had an absolute blast! The park was very well staffed (lots and lots of lifeguards, ride attendants, people sweeping up and emptying trash) and all rides were open (except mini-golf for some reason - maybe becuse we were there on a Thursday and not a weekend?). The kids (ages 7 - 17) and three adults (all in our 40's) all wore themselves out going up and down the stairs (everyone slept well that night). No long lines (longest wait was maybe ~15 minutes). I'd go again.

Wisconsin Dells
10. Re: Noah's Ark getting bad reviews...

from what I have been told by park staff, mini golf is closed because it doesn't meet requirements under the americans with disabilities act. Since they were owned by the same company for the past 10+ years the old owners were always grandfathered in. Now that there are new owners they have to make it compliant before they can open it. This is the case with the front half of Jungle rapids as well.