We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 8
Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

We have reservations next week for a 2br unit at Glacier Canyon. Trip will be my husband and I, and our two children (2 and 5).

I've read in a few places that the walk to the pool at the main Wilderness Resort is quite a long hike. Any hints for making the long walk more do-able for the 2 yo? Am considering bringing a stroller or wagon.

Thanks!

Minnesota
reviews: 297
1. Re: Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

When we stayed at the Wilderness side of Glacier it took us 10 minutes to walk to any pool. This past weekend we were at the Wyndham side of Glacier....the very last room and it took us 15 minutes to walk to the pools. A stroller is a must. If the weather is nice it would be closer to walk outside and cut accross the back area. (Go carts and slide area)

Indiana
reviews: 10
2. Re: Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

We just got back from here. Ask for a room closest to the bridge going to the waterpark. We stayed on the Wyndham side near entrance D and it took us about 10 minutes to walk to the Klondike waterpark and the wave pool. If you want to go to the Wild West one, that will take you probably 25 minutes from your room! Take a stroller for sure! I took a sit and stand for my 5 year old and 1 year old. It was also good to have to take all our stuff in too. We took our own towels, juice boxes and snacks. We had a great time, have fun!

Edited: 2:19 am, March 13, 2012
Chicago
reviews: 13
3. Re: Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

I took a single stroller last time for my baby girl but now she is very independent and the funny thing is she walks and walks but her older brother is the one that wants to ride and he is 4 LOL

Wisconsin Dells, WI
reviews: 18
4. Re: Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

It's definitely a hike. Part of the problem is that there are three indoor waterparks, two at one end of the main building and the third at the far end. The outdoor parks are a little better arranged. The hallways are also long and not terribly well lit and rather winding, which means that even if you think you know where you're going it's very easy to take a wrong turn, especially walking back across the skywalk to the Wyndam/Glacier Canyon side. Would definitely recommend a stroller and paying close attentiion to signage.

5. Re: Glacier Canyon - walk to pool is long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 18, 2013