We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Wisconsin Dells

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
weyburn, sk
Information on Wisconsin Dells

Thinking of heading to Wisconsin Dells this summer for 3 days in the middle of July. We are a family of 4 with 12 yr old and 9 yr old children and would spend 1 day at a water park - looking for ideas of must-dos for the other 2 days. Any suggestions? Also looking for mid to high range accommodations - are we better to book through a hotel or rent our own home/condo through vrbo?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
1. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

The Original Wisconsin Ducks is one we love and repeat and I highly recommend it if you haven't been (is this your first time to the Dells then?).

http://www.wisconsinducktours.com/

Noah's Ark is that where you're going for a waterpark, if so you won't be disappointed.

Other than that what are your likes and interests (nature, museums, quirky and fun stuff, outdoor activities) as a family and I can definitely share more suggestions.

Are you interested in branching out and seeing some sights in the area other than the Dells or keep a solely Dells focus? Baraboo is a great choice, even The House on the Rock in Spring Green, if time allows.

For the pricepoint for hotel perhaps the Kalahari or Wilderness for its offering for the ages you mention. They both have different things to offer. Check the websites and reviews. Chula Vista is one that gets good reviews though I hear less of it. So that's another you might consider.

Edited: 12:05 am, March 06, 2012
weyburn, sk
2. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

Our family would be interested in quirky / fun stuff and outdoor activiites. Does it make sense to book Wildernesss if we plan on leaving the resort 2 of the 3 days we are there? i.e. are we paying a premium to get the water park passes if we don't use them everyday - especially if we should be going to Noah's Ark.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

Devil's Lake State Park in Baraboo has great hiking trails as well as swimming.

Not sure if a 9-year-old can (or would want to) but Zip Line Tours are very popular these days in the Dells. Also Jet Boats -- but I prefer the Original Wisconsin Ducks for their uniqueness.

At night there is a drive-in movie theater and the tommy bartlett ski show.

The advantage to booking Wilderness or Kalahari is that if you end up with a day or two of bad weather, you can find plenty to do indoors -- more at Kalahari.

Hope these ideas help.

4. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

One of my must do's since I was your children's age has been Mt. Olympus to ride the go-karts and rollercoasters. Noahs Ark is such a fun time also! Ducks tours are fun and beautiful setting as well. They also have horseback riding, which kids might enough, for quirky, they have Ripleys Believe It or Not, haven't been there for years though. Have a fun trip, we love going to the Dells, even for one day sometimes. I also would recommend for accommodations The Wilderness, as they have indoor/outdoor water park, large arcade, laser tag, pottery studio and much more for kids.

Monona, WI
reviews: 5
5. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

I agree with the others that you have to take a ducks ride! Your kids will love it. We like to play miniature golf, and spend the evenings walking around the downtown area. Knuckleheads is fun for bowling. Be sure to avoid the timeshare sales pitch at Wilderness - it is an extremely hard sell. We got suckered into it once and it was a nightmare. Otherwise, the wilderness is fun. Kalahari is great, too. Have fun!

6. Re: Information on Wisconsin Dells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 18, 2013