We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chanhassen...
reviews: 20
Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

I have been doing my research but am just getting more confused.

We have done Kalahari twice through athletic competitions (and LOVED it though REALLY busy) and are looking to play and stay at a different water park this time...thinking Great Wolf or Wilderness (or even Metropolis in Eau Claire?) but we want separate bedrooms.

I know the Dells will all be busy during Spring Break (April 1-7) but my kids are in that inbetween stage where they are ready for lots more independence (spread out Wilderness) but still like to "play" (Magicquest, etc.). I can't decide which would be a better fit. Some like the separation of Wilderess, some don't. Some think Great Wolf is for younger kids. ???

We'd like a room with separate bedrooms or a 2 bedroom condo. I'm confused by all the lodging options at Wilderness. My kids don't mind a lot of walking but not so much in the cold. Ebay and Craigslist has Glacier Canyon condo deals but not sure of the pros and cons...any help????

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

I've always been of the opinion that Great Wolf is for younger kids, but yours might be right on the edge.

There are for sure some cold walks at Wilderness this time of year.

Is there a reason you are looking to NOT stay at Kalahari? With everything they offer under one roof -- with some long walks for sure -- I really think that's the best spring break stay. Other times of the year, you can make good arguments for other resorts.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
2. Re: Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

Metropolis has some neat looking rooms but the kitchenettes look very basic and maybe not what you're looking for though certainly closer to home and with a nice stay and play area at Chaos Waterpark with a couple good slides, lazy river, etc. It's not going to be as huge as Kalahari or Wilderness for you. They have room pictures to see if they have the style of room you're wanting.

There's one in Duluth too you could possibly consider or one in the Cities area Waterpark of America...close to home yet a good getaway too.

waterparkofamerica.reachlocal.com/… you would be near MOA which is great for Legoland, the Amusement Area, Underwater Adventures, etc.

http://duluthwaterpark.com/ As for reviews some of these may score less so check TA reviews and go from there. They certainly would be closer proximity.

Also in Warrens, WI before the Dells:

threebearslodgewarrens.com/services/waterpar… it's under newer ownership and I'm not sure how they're doing check reviews first but it's another possibility for you.

Edited: 3:38 pm, March 05, 2012
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 95
3. Re: Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

There's lots to do in both Duluth and Eau Claire and the one by MOA at WOA. Those are the pluses along with close proximity. They'll not have the Dells feel and all those types of extra activities if that's the main focus of your stay.

metropolisresort.com/… You have both Chaos Waterpark here and Action City for activities.

Wisconsin Dells
4. Re: Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

I do social media for the Kalahair Resorts and I came across your post. I just wanted to lend a helping hand, if you need any help or have questions, feel free to connect with me. My email is KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. Happy to help! No matter where you choose to stay, I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Thanks!

5. Re: Which waterpark for tween 12 & 9 w/2BR Condo ~ Did Kalahari.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 pm, June 18, 2013