We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 31
Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

We'll be in the area next week and are staying 2 nights at Kalahari and getting the indoor theme park tickets too. Traveling with 2 girls aged 3 and 6.. We're planning to do Tanger outlets. Are there any other short & free/low cost activities to get away from our hotel/waterpark? Read about the Bavarian Village. Worth a "sight-seeing" trip? Any other suggestions, please? Thanks!

Minnesota
reviews: 376
1. Re: Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

Some ideas are Ripley's (probably for kids a bit older) Rick Wilcox Magic, and Knuckleheads. I wouldn't say that any of these are free/low cost. Knuckleheads is fun and you can pay per/ride however the Kalhari indoor theme park may be enough for the kids. Knuckleheads has a nice bowling alley. I wouldn't call the Bavarian Village a "sight-seeing" trip. It is located on the main street area. We have probably been there once for 5 minutes but will usually walk or drive right by it.

Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 132
2. Re: Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

If you want to get outdoors there are 2 state parks near by. Devil's lake is really awesome.withh huge quartzite boulders strewn about. Mirror Lake is a typical Midwestern wooded state forest with paths . There is an entry fee for state parks

Tommy bartlett's exploratory is a hands on science museum for kids part of the Mir station is there. It does cost $$ though

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

I would NOT take two young girls to Ripleys. Not really age appropriate for them. Same thing with the Exploratory.

If you are coming during the week you will find very limited hours at any attractions downtown.

I think you'll find plenty to do at Kalahari. Stay indoors and stay warm!

4. Re: Things to do beside waterpark (in winter)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 17, 2013