We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dells in Oct.

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grove City, Ohio
Dells in Oct.

My daughter and I will be in the Dells from Oct.5 to the 8th. What kind of weather should we expect? Will we need snow boots and hats? How crowded will it be? Will everything still be open?

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

Wisconsin
reviews: 10
1. Re: Dells in Oct.

I sure hope you don't need clothes for snow! It will probably be in the mid 50s to lower 60s. Weather that time of year is so unpredictable. Check accuweather.com for weather in the Dells about 7 days prior to arrival and you will get an idea-then check it closer to arrival. The ducks and boats generally go until mid-Oct or later if there's good weather. Mini golf, coasters and go carts can go late also. Most of the restaurants, shops and indoor attractions are open all year because of the waterpark resorts.

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Dells in Oct.

As PPowner says, the weather is unpredictable -- but if the weather is decent most everything except the "summer only" attractions will be open. Hours will vary greatly though.

If you discover a "must", you might want to call them before you go to find out hours.

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
3. Re: Dells in Oct.

Bring a warm coat just in case, but it should be sweater weather. I would not expect the Dells to be overly crowded during this time.

Illinois
reviews: 153
4. Re: Dells in Oct.

Weather can range from 50's and rainy to 80 and sunny-but I highly doubt snow will be in the forecast. We were there the same time last year and it was beautiful. Mini-golf, go-carts, Ducks, and most shops were open as were all the restaurants. Crowds quiet but a little bit more than you might expect as you're coming up on Columbus Day weekend. It's a good time to visit. Bring change to feed the meters if you're going to park downtown-they don't make the parking free until after that weekend.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 7
5. Re: Dells in Oct.

As others have said, It will most likely be cold. Bring pants and a sweater and depending you may also need jackets and a hat.

Grove City, Ohio
6. Re: Dells in Oct.

Thank-you are so much for the good advice. We are really looking forward to our trip. We are coming up on the train.

Thanks again

Vicki

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 43
7. Re: Dells in Oct.

We're in the Dells right now. Some cold days behind us and tomorrow it's still cold 59F but lots of sun and it's getting better after that. (hopefully). The place is not deserted but season is over. We came withouit reservations and lodging is easy to find. No crowds at all. Very quiet actually.

Tet

8. Re: Dells in Oct.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, October 20, 2011
Chicago
reviews: 11
9. Re: Dells in Oct.

I have been there in October and it is really beautiful.

10. Re: Dells in Oct.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, March 04, 2013