We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"The Club" at Chula Vista

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Il
reviews: 38
"The Club" at Chula Vista

Hi friends,

Anyone heard of "The Club at Chula Vista"? Some new marketing of a timeshare /vacation club /points thing? Looks like discounts on all things at the resort.

Has anyone done the pitch? They say 60 minutes & bring the kids. I don't know if we'll make it 5 minutes with our two little ones!

Any info or experience or costs appreciated.

Thanks,

SeaBass

288 replies to this topic
Forks, Washington...
reviews: 1
141. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

Thanks for the info. We went to a meeting over the weekend but said no. We wanted to but had to think about it and research some more. I'm glad now we decided to do that. What about that other vacation website that they mentioned? I know they had 2 to work with. Were they both open to the public? I think you still get a good deal at the water park right? But at over $5,000, I don't think it's worth it.

Thanks again

Wisconsin
reviews: 137
142. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

If you read the other posts, you'll realize it is not a good idea, in fact it's a terrible idea which only helps those sales people make commission.

Chicago
143. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

You can find better deals just searching by yourself. No need to join any club.

Aurora, Illinois
144. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

Tony P - what was the outcome - we have been TOTALLY scammed by this! Never able to use any of our "deals" thank you block out dates or not availbe for our "dream weekend" total bogus! also never able to stop payment or they threatened our credit ...also NO discounts are better than what we can find ourselves online - TOTAL $5000 scam@@@ so upset signed up a over a year ago and no recourse!!!!

Aurora, Illinois
145. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

SeaBass, I actually appreciate all your posts! I am a VERY unhappy Club Member - never once being able to actually use this $5000 purchase for my advantage! My dates are always booked or not available - we really loved Chula Vista and were stupidly suckered into this program and they told us two days after we purchased we were not allowed to cancel the contract - never able to use the "dream week" due to blackout availability and the discount are a joke for resturants - no disney discounts like they told us - lies, lies, lies. As of today there were 30 logged complaints with the Wisconsin Atty Generals office - who are currently investigating these high pressure sales tatics as well as the flat misleading "lies" of information I've been paying this for nearly 2years and NEVER one advantage...I would have be better off just buying vacation packages from Chula directly for my family! What a waste of money! BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Edited: 4:44 pm, April 18, 2013
Chicago, Il
reviews: 38
146. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

It's amazing this post has lived over 3 years with the same recurring problem. Sorry you're not happy with the program. With 30 complaints, just think of how many other angry customers there are who didn't file a complaint with the BBB.

With so much bad feelings floating around, I'm amazed that The Club wouldn't refund a prorated amount if a customer is truly unhappy. Bad positioning for them. If they did offer a no hassle cancel policy, I bet they'd sell EVEN MORE memberships.

Chula has a 2BR condo promo running now on TravelZoo. $179/night includes pizza & soda, some other dining credit like $25, and other goodies. No membership required.

Good luck,

SeaBass

Wisconsin
reviews: 137
147. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

SeaBass, I wish there were some way these people could get helped BEFORE they buy. I had mentioned a different time (FYI, I stumbled across this so I follow the posts. I've been to Chula Vista, but would never consider buying anything like this) that when you do a search, this thread is one of the first things that come up. So, when people need help, I guess they turn to the internet and then keep adding to the sad list of people who they, well I WAS going to say scammed, but I'll just say, convinced to make a poor decision.

Appleton, Wisconsin
148. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

It's a complete Scam! They pamper you while you are there but don't believe that luxury treatment lasts after you sign the papers! All of the operators who are meant to "help" you plan vacations and get good deals (which don't exist as you will be told during this meeting) are mean, rude, and have no idea what they are talking about. I was hung up on 3 times! We bought this January 2013 have been unable to get assistance benefits from it to this day! Horrible-horrible Scam! Don't trust this company.

Appleton, Wisconsin
149. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

After reading above posts complaining about this scam, You all were suckered into paying $5,000? Well these con-artists got me to dish out $7,000! I've needed to travel 3 times since buying this membership. It did NOTHING for me. I realized the scam of this days after buying it. They don't even try to fool ya for awhile. It's an immediate sucker punch! Resist the urge to 'just go for a reduced rate' and think you can let them talk for 15 minutes and laugh about it later. Cuz these Are Professional Scam Artists and they are very convincing. Don't even go it's not worth the risk of getting pulled into their web of lies and letting this company rob your bank account!

Appleton, Wisconsin
150. Re: "The Club" at Chula Vista

Thanks for this!

Reply to: "The Club" at Chula Vista
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted