We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Twin Cities
reviews: 7
Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

Has anyone seen both of these magic shows in-person? How would they compare? Will both shows be up and running over Spring Break at the end of March and through to Easter?

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

Never heard of Grand Illusions. Don't think it was running last summer. Is it at one of the resorts?

Twin Cities
2. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

Wow! Really? Wonder why you haven't heard of them?

This was from the September 5, 2009 edition of Wisconsin Dells Events.

www.wiscnews.com/wde/archives/index.php…

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

I was in the Dells at least once a week all summer long and never heard of this show. Hard to believe!

Iowa
reviews: 8
4. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

I would also love to know the answer to this. We loved the Rick Wilcox show, but have seen it 2 years now. Was thinking about seeing Grand Illusions when we were there just before Christmas but decided to go bowling instead and keep the magic shows for the summer. Maybe we'll check out Grand Illusions in June.

Wisconsin
reviews: 1
5. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions schedule can be found at http://www.jeremyallensgrandillusions.com/

Westminster, CO
reviews: 15
6. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

We are staying at Chula Vista this summer. Our kids will be 9, 6.5 and 4.5. Is Grand Illusions appropriate for them?

TIA!!

7. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:03 pm, January 02, 2013
Twin Cities
8. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

As luck would have it, we are going to a wedding in Madison (Sun Prairie) next week and have decided to stay in the Dells on Saturday night. The reception is 4:00 to 6:00pm following a wedding at 2:00pm. If we make a quick appearance we can possibly get to the Dells in time to see Grand illusions. I love magic shows and I've seen lots of them. I think the Dells is plenty big enough to support two shows in the summer. I've seen the Rick Wilcox Show and agree that it is good. But I would hardly compare it to a LasVegas show and I don't say this because he is not good enough to put on a LasVegas-styled show. He is very talented and professional but also, very limited by the stage space and ceiling height at his theatre. He can't really do the big stuff because you need space to do this kind of thing. I'd compare his show to something like Kirby VanBurch in Branson. A well-done and entertaining show for sure but also too much talking by the performer and too many table and strolling packet tricks that coincidentally are FOR SALE at the Magic Shop in the Lobby! Not enough big-time illusions for me.

That is why I'm anxious to see the Grand Illusion Show at Chula Vista. Once you add LIVE tigers to your show, you have jumped up to the next level. I'm anxious to see if this Jeremy Allen fellow can pull it off.

9. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:03 pm, January 02, 2013
10. Re: Compare Rick Wilcox and NEW show, Grand Illusions?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Removed on: 4:13 pm, January 02, 2013