We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

Which Sturgeon Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lowell Indiana
reviews: 11
Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

We are an older couple and coming down middlle of October for the fall colors. Have heard about this resort, has anyone stayed there and can tell me about it. Or should we stay in a another part of Door County. We do not need a swimming pool. We do not mind driving since we cannot do a lot of hiking.

Thank You

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 37
1. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

Step 1- pick what part of Door County you wish to be in

Step 2-pick lodging in that area

Don't do step 2 first!

www.doorcounty.com

chicago area
2. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

If you are coming on the weekend of October 10th or the 16th you need to book a room now if you can even find one. These weekends Door County hosts two huge fall festivals and almost every place is booked and have 3 night minimums. While these festivals are fun, if you don't like huge crowds stay away. If you are lucky enough to be able to come up mid week I would consider staying in Fish Creek which puts you closer to Egg Harbor, Sister Bay, Ephraim and the other villages.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
3. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

we stayed in Ephraim and found it perfecting charming and lovely, full of history and beauty. I'm sure the other towns are great as well. Although Sturgeon Bay is nice I think it was fun to stay north a bit further into Door County, though we enjoyed the Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay. Best wishes wherever you end up staying.

Lowell Indiana
4. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

Thank You for your reply. We are new to Door County and so we do not know what part to stay in. We will be coming the week after the 16th, thanks for the update. I will check out motels in Fish creek.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 102
5. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

Ephraim and Fish Creek are next to one another and both border Peninsula State Park. There's neat dining in both areas. Egg Harbor and Sister Bay are two others I often hear about, one south of Fish Creek (Egg Harbor) and one to the north (Sister Bay).

If you're set on Fish Creek, and lodging does happen to be pretty full you may consider Julie's Cafe and Motel, a more basic/affordable stay. Right across from it is The Wild Tomato which came recommended for dining and The White Gull Inn which was recognized this summer on Good Morning America for winning the Breakfast Challenge in America for their Cherry stuffed French Toast. Happy travels willop64

Edited: 1:05 pm, September 14, 2010
Lowell Indiana
6. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

Thanks for your reply. I am going to try Sister Bay, Most of the motels in Fish Creek and Ephraim are booked .

7. Re: Bridgeport Waterfront Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:53 am, March 14, 2011