We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Places?

Which Sister Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin
Breakfast Places?

Staying at Little Sister Resort. Want breakfast suggestions. Will definitely go to Al Johnsons to see it. Undecided about others - Sister Bay Cafe, Viking, Second Story, Rowley's Bay Resort? What's your opinion. Any other suggestions? Be there for 4 days.

22 replies to this topic
chicago area
1. Re: Breakfast Places?

Village Cafe in Egg Harbor, White Gull Inn in Fish Creek and the Sandpiper in Baileys Harbor are my favorites.

Genesee Depot...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Breakfast Places?

Just had excellent breakfast at the Gull this morning. and Fish Boil tonight-White Gull.

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 25
3. Re: Breakfast Places?

It's hard to fond a bad breakfast up here. Easy to fond an expensive one, but quality breakfasts are all over. Another good one is Julie's Cafe in Fish Creek.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 23
4. Re: Breakfast Places?

Definitely Village Cafe (Egg Harbor)! Wonderful restaurant. Service can be a little slow, but the owners/managers are charming, and the food and decor are creative and fun.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't like the Viking. At all. I also am not a fan of the restaurant at the Wagon Trail Resort at Rowley's Bay (Ellison Bay). I can't understand how that place stays in business. Maybe it's under new ownership now? I don't know. I do know it was one of the worst-looking buffets I've ever seen when I went there a few years ago. I didn't even stay to eat; I walked out.

Don't go to Al Johnson's for breakfast on a weekend unless you don't mind waiting for an hour to be seated. Go during the week at an odd hour (either very early for breakfast, or around 2 or 3 p.m.). Al Johnson's is a tourist mecca, but it's worth it.

White Gull Inn is another good breakfast (and lunch) spot.

Edited: 10:45 pm, September 07, 2011
Genesee Depot...
reviews: 24
5. Re: Breakfast Places?

Agreed on Wagons Trail in Rowley Bay!!! 4 of us sat down, looked at their fish boil buffett and left. Would not consider that place for anything. This was July 2009.

Headed to the Viking that night, although good fish boil, it is like eating in a grade school cafeteria, trays included.

Wisconsin
reviews: 129
6. Re: Breakfast Places?

We considered lunch at Rowley's Bay on a Sunday recently and it was only a very expensive buffet. They do however have really good bakery. Viking didn't even look open when we went past it. For better options head south from Sister Bay. There are few places to the north, and it was disappointing to drive to Rowley's and get that result. Yes to Julie's, White Gull and Villager in Egg Harbor, all our favorites too. We had dinner at Sister Bay Cafe and probably won't again, some love it, but it wasn't for us. Summer Kitchen in Ephraim has breakfast but they're really expensive.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
7. Re: Breakfast Places?

Agree with White Gull Inn. Our favorite for breakfast is Harbor Fish Market in Bailey's Harbor. Haven't been there in a while but we used to like the Cookery in Fish Creek too.

chicago area
8. Re: Breakfast Places?

Cookery now only offers breakfast on weekends, but agree Harbor Fish Market in Baileys Harbor has a great breakfast.

midwest
9. Re: Breakfast Places?

My vote for breakfast:

White Gull Inn

Chef's Hat

Osage Beach...
reviews: 16
10. Re: Breakfast Places?

Just had breakfast at White Gull on our stay, definitely try it and definitely get their Award winning Stuffed French toast. I got the full order, 4 slices of bread, with cherry cream cheese between 2 make 2 sandwiches, then each sandwich cut in half. I got the full order so I could share with DH who got eggs and hashbrowns. If you aren't going to share, a 1/2 order is sufficiently filling

Reply to: Breakfast Places?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sister Bay