We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door County in the winter

Which Sister Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Janesville
reviews: 2
Door County in the winter

Does anyone have any suggestions on staying in Door county in the winter? My husband and I would like to celebrate our 5 year anniv. in Door county, but neither of us has ever been there. Any suggestions would help.

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 28
1. Re: Door County in the winter

No problem...Door County is great in the winter! It's when the county is quiet and beautiful, and all us locals are relaxed! Check www.doorcounty.com for accomodations. There are many places open, you will have a good choice. Egg Harbor has Landmark, Landing, Newport, Ashbrook, and Bay Point all open, other villages have similar choices.

Lovely Midwest
reviews: 7
2. Re: Door County in the winter

The Landmark is great in the winter. Each of the buildings has a whirlpool and the Charthouse has a whirlpool and indoor pool, great in the winter time. The woods of the Landmark are beautiful in the snow and you're close to other peninsula activities.

Lake Geneva, Wi
3. Re: Door County in the winter

My husband and I stay at The Main Street Motel in Fish Creek. It is located right about 1/2 way up into the Door County area. Very clean, great family owned. http://www.mainstreetmoteldc.com

My husband and I are also Innkeepeers and it is our favorite place. Ask for a front room facing the street if possible.

Debi Nelson-Maney

www.thenautical.biz

www.endless-summer-nites.com

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 28
4. Re: Door County in the winter

Main Street is closed in the winter

WI
reviews: 61
5. Re: Door County in the winter

Our favorite way to see Door County in Winter is to rent a house at the Wagon Trail, light the fire and snuggle in for a few days of tranquility. This is perfect if you like cooking for yourselves. The drawback is that you have a bit of a trek if you want to go into any of the towns for dinner...and, options for dining are limited in winter.

(The restaurant right at the Wagon Trail used to be great, but the last time we were there it was expensive and barely ordinary.)

Aurora, IL, USA
reviews: 115
6. Re: Door County in the winter

The White Gull Inn is an excellent place to stay in winter. Stay in the main building or one of the small bungalows on the same property. Very nice buildings, nicely decorated, fireplaces, cozy and nice in winter. Walk a couple blocks into downtown Fish Creek to shops and the Bayside Tavern for great burgers, other sandwiches, drinks, and Bayside coffee. Door County is quieter in winter - shops have limited hours, some restaurants are closed, but we've gone up from Chicago at least 15 times for crosscountry ski weekends, and we have a great time just hanging out. Other excellent restaurants: Mission Grill, Inn at Kristofers, and good supper house food at Greenwood Supper Club. Rent snowmobiles on 42 between Fish Creek and Ephraim or in Bailey's Harbor. Go bowling and have dinner after at the Sister Bay Bowl. Walk or ski through Peninsula Park, Newport Park, or Whitefish Dunes at Jacksonport - all are along either Lake Michigan or Green Bay. February is usually better than January because the days are starting to get longer. Have fun!

7. Re: Door County in the winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sister Bay